Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

Being on your behind alot doesn't help the pain in the rear I'm sure.

Sending healing hugs AND peace while you wait this out:loveshwr:
 
I see your good spirits continue. You are amazing, Mireille.
It's great to hear you're able to rest comfortably and aren't suffering pain.
Wondering if you're taking a good pro-biotic in addition to the anti-biotics?
I hope you have a relaxing peaceful weekend!
@Mireille
 
It's the middle of the night here and I'm up. Terrible back pain.

Even though I don't tag everyone, please know that I'm grateful to each and everyone of you for your continued support and prayers. It does lift my spirits and gives me strength. THANK YOU :roseshwr:
 
@Layla I haven't taken a probiotic but I will have my husband pick me some up tomorrow.

Late this afternoon, I started suffering from bad back pain. For a little while I was staring to panic thinking I had dislocated my spacer but I can walk, there's no hip pain per se, just sharp, aching pain at the top of my buttock towards my lower back. It's especially hard when I lay down with straight legs. It also jolts me when I get a "click" from the hip.

Are there any suggestions on how I can alleviate this? It hasn't let me sleep tonight.
 
Have you tried some heat on it?
I iced alot with my hip recovery but down at SI joint low back area, heat helps sometimes.
Sorry you aren't resting well...
 
Did you get any sleep @Mireille? Poor you. :( I had terrible lower back pain before and after my surgery. Getting much better now. Like @Mojo333 says, try the heat. I found the best thing for me at night was a small pillow under the knees and a small ice pack placed under the lower back while lying down. That’s the only way I could fall asleep. Hugs
 
@Mojo333 @hipster333 Thanks, going to try heat and Ice and see how that works.

I've been sleeping on the recliner and realized this is not helping. I crawled into bed around 3:30am and adjusted to raised legs with small pillow under ther knees and was finally able to sleep. I woke up much better. I'm done with the recliner.
 
You are coping with so much and your body needs so much rest with infection i know so well, do listen to it and try and keep yourself well, i was so sick at the beginning i just couldnt face food, i started researching and went onto kefir and i think it just saved and protected my gut, do try it. Rest when you need, sleep when you can and smile always it makes you and everyone else feel better, thinking of you whilst we both fight the wee beasties, hugs and lovexxx
 
I'm happy to hear you got some sleep @Mireille
Sorry your back is bothering you. I hope you find relief from the pain soon.
I bet you'll be more comfortable in your bed overall.
Prayers today is a good day!
 
@clodaghcov Thanks so much! I am now able to rest more comfortably on my bed. I'm so tired all the time but feel I need to get up and walk to exercise. So glad you mentioned food. Things don't taste right so I'm having a hard time eating. I've lost 10 lbs. I force myself to eat small meals several times a day but I'm very picky because my taste buds are out of whack.

Hopefully in the near future we can both look back at these times and be well and happy that this is all in the past. Keeping you in my prayers for a full recovery.
 
Grapes..
Ice cold...red, green,fat, small.. easy to nibble and get hydrated too.
 
@Mireille Oh i so feel for you, that taste thing is so peculiar! and i had such sore lips and mouth i found using a mouth wash and virtually living on lipsalve kinda helped abit, I lost a stone, so dont be frightened of it, its just your bodies way of saying hay ho whats going on!! Try and find things you just fancy at weird times, first was my passion for mango, i got the fridge packs all cut neatly with a fork and they got my appetite moving though it was slow.As i was leaving hospital yesterday they all said keep well, eat---anything even biscuits! I shall be thinking of you on this journey, hugs and lovexx
 
You're in my thoughts @Mireille
Wonder if sipping on a Protein shake sounds unappetizing? Protein is so important as we're healing.
You could add a frozen banana to make it creamy and any other fruit you may like.
Hope you're not gagging right now :heehee:

Sleep whenever you're able. Our body does it's best healing then. Your body took on two major assaults within a very short period of time and you want to be strong for the next so sleep, sleep, sleep if / when you're able. Both you and @clodaghcov are such an inspiration in the way you maintain good spirits and manage to uplift
others through your own trials.

I hope you have a peaceful relaxing day and a great week to come!
Prayers will continue :prayer:
 
Happy mother's day to all my bonesmarties! I hope you're having a lovely day! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi there,
Want to send best wishes for a good week @Mireille
Just read (Fractured) is going in for his spacer today.
It all happened pretty quickly for him.
Hugs to you :loveshwr: and hopes that your day is peaceful.
 
Hi @Layla Thanks, I actually feel better these past couple of days. I'm excited because my aunt is coming from Puert Rico to stay with us for a couple of weeks to help out. She's like my mom so I'm so grateful and lucky. This will make time pass quicker.

The appetite is better. I actually enjoy protein shakes and that's my go to if nothing else sounds appetizing.

I was sorry to hear about Fractured, I don't wish this for anyone. I stopped by his thread.

Thanks again and have a great day!
 
Well a first today, I managed to change my IV bag on my own with nurse supervision. I did pretty good for my first time. I also learned how unhook myself so I don't have to deal with all that when I shower.

I love Amazon. Got myself a waterproof reusable picc line cover, cushions for my walker handles and a pretty, pink picc line sleeve for my arm. I managed to make and eat my lunch.

The PT came by and I was able to do standing exercises. He's pretty positive my OS will lift my 50% weight bearing rule next Tuesdayy when I go in for my 3 week post op.

All in all a pretty decent day so far. Thanking God for all his blessings!
 
Back
Top Bottom