Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

Oh my stars...can something happen without incident?
I so wish that things ease up for you.
Hugs and sympathy :loveshwr::friends:
 
Oh my goodness, another speed bump in your road. Hopefully your medical team can get you on a comfortable path to healing.
 
Day 5 today and feeling a bit better. Surgeon's assistant and ID gave me good news that the bacteria is not MRSA but MSSA. The ID is most likely going to eliminate the Vancomycin from my antibiotic treatment. I may be getting a transfusion, my hemoglobin is 7.1.
 
Mireille, you continue to be in my prayers. You're strong, brave and inspirational
whether you feel like it, or not.
Sending love and a warm comforting hug. I hope your day is peaceful and restful.
@Mireille
 
:praying: all gets well quickly!
Hope your evening is peaceful.:friends:
 
Hello @Mireille , Just read the good news and am happy to hear your op went well, but I'm so sorry about the pain caused by the antibiotics. Must be tough to have a spacer and antibiotics. You are incredibly brave and chearful - you will be able to do this - hugs from Constanze
 
Thinking of you this morning @Mireille
Good news on the bacteria results.
I hope you're doing well and feeling ok today.
Prayers continue :prayer:
 
Hi everyone, I made it home today. It feels so good to be out of the hospital. Pain is still managed. Home care is coming tonight to do my IV infusion and show me how to do it myself. I will be on antibiotics until June 15th. Just nursing my spacer to avoid dislocation. Thank you all for thinking of me. I appreciate each and every one of you.
 
I'll bet you are so very happy to be home! Rest, rest and more rest.
Did you get a transfusion? If not you may be very tired until your blood count
increases. But never fear your Bonesmart pals will work around your nap schedule!
So happy this part is behind you.
 
@BeBe Thanks! Luckily, no transfusion. Hemoglobin went up to 7.4 so it's slowly increasing. Rest is my best friend now. Trying to do this by the book so it goes smoothly. :fingersx:
 
Welcome home, Mireille!:flwrysmile: Relax and enjoy a good book! Or movies that make you feel good. May your nights be restful.:sleep:
 
:hi:
So glad you are out of the hospital.
Please be careful and safe.
 
Wonderful news you're home. You'll be able to rest so much easier.
Thankfully your pain is well managed.
I hope you're able to sleep well enough and that June 15th comes quickly for you.
Prayers will continue.
@Mireille
 
Hi everyone, hope today is a good day. Just relaxing. I feel like I all I do is sleep. I'm so paranoid with restrictions. Didn't have any of this with my original hip replacement so now I can better understand what others were talking about. Everything is a pain in the butt, :heehee:. Pain is still under control, Ted hose hasn't been bad at all, I am on Ancef IV 3 times a day, 15 minute infusions and Rifampin oral, 600 mg a day, once a day. The worst part right now are my taste buds, nothing tastes right so I'm having issues eating. The doctor tells me it's the antibiotic. I have a little pump that I carry with me 24/7. My hemoglobin has gone up a bit more, 7.8 which is a good sign. I only have 16 staples. The bandage gets changed every day and on Saturday, the it comes off for good. Home nurses and therapist have been great. Just biding my time.

Hugs to all! :flwrysmile:
 
Hang in there - it sounds like you are doing really well! Glad to hear your hemoglobin is coming up. It must not be fun to be hooked up to something all the time.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom