Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

Hi everyone, surgery went well. I was a little nervous but woke up feeling pretty good. I saw the OS prior to the surgery and he said I may have 2 incisions. The posterior, and reopening of anterior to clean out. I was also getting general anesthesia because they don't like to use spinal when dealing with infection. When I woke up, I was feeling pretty good. First thing I did was check my original incision and it was not reopened. Yay! Only 1 incision. Saw the OS shortly after being moved to my room and he said there were no complications. There was a lot of gross stuff in there that he cleaned out. I am 50% weight bearing. He wants me to be extra careful to avoid dislocation. I've already gotten in and out of the bed, walked twice with my walker and used the toilet. Pain is well managed. I'm I'm Celebrex, Lyrica, Tylenol, Percocet, Zofran, IV Cefazolin and IV Vancomycin. The Picc line is already inserted.

I feel alright overall. The spacer is weird, a lot of clicking. I'm very nervous and uptight about the restrictions. Want to make sure ro takes it extra easy. Everyone here is really nice and informative. The surgeon ia fantastic. I should be going home early next week.

Thanks again for all the support.
Mireille
 
Wonderful report! I'm glad you only have to recover from 1 incision at a time and that all of the yucky stuff got cleaned out! I hope the time with the spacer goes quickly and is as comfortable as possible. Get some rest and relax!
 
@Mireille Glad to hear your operation is over and you are feeling OK. Weight bearing restrictions and disolocation precautions will become second nature before long, and they are temporary. The grabber is a wonderful and helpful tool. Take care of yourself during recovery.
 
@Mireille sorry happy the operation went sorry well and it sounds like you are in good hands. One incision to heal is great news! You’ll find that your hip won’t let you past the restrictions at this point, so you won’t have to worry about breaking them. Sounds like you have quite the cocktail you’re taking! Sending hugs your way.
 
:praying:was so hoping all went well, and it sounds like it did!
Brave Mireille, you are on your way...
So glad everyone is being nice to you.
Healing hugs and good mojo coming your way!:loveshwr:
 
Hi Mireille,
Happy to hear surgery is behind you. Thankfully he didn't have to re-open your other incision.
Wonderful you're feeling good and your pain is well managed. Through (clodaghcov) and (SCaprae) it sounds as though you'll adjust to the spacer fairly quickly. I hope you have a peaceful night!
@Mireille
 
@Mireille - so glad to read your update! And it’s great to hear you are feeling pretty good so far! It sounds like you are in great hands.

Wishing you speedy healing as you work through this phase of your recovery. :flwrysmile:
 
Thinking of you, want to say Hi :wave:
Hope your pain is well managed and you're resting comfortably.
Beginning of the end :yes!:
Sending love and a warm hug your way :loveshwr::friends:
@Mireille
 
Holy :censored:, the noises this spacer makes and the pain when I move. Wow. Other than that doing well and hanging in there.
 
Guess you won't be sneaking up on anyone :heehee:
You may scare small children when they hear clicking and clunking sounds coming from you :heehee:
I wonder why it's so noisy and if it will stay like that the entire time?
Aside from that.....so happy to hear you're doing well. You have such a great attitude, Mireille!
@Mireille
 
@Layla ha,ha, I would totally scare the children. Well, discovered the servere pain I'm having is a side effect of the antibiotics. It's excruciating. Can't walk again. Don't know what they're going to do. If I can't walk at all, I'll have to go to rehab facility. Not happy about that.
 
Aww, Mireille....I'm so sorry. You've had such a rough time, now this.
I hope and pray they get this figured out soon for your comfort and so you can begin to move forward.
Hugs to you.
@Mireille
 
@Mireille hopefully they’ve been able to give you something to full the pain and help you sleep. How long are you on the antibiotics? Praying this side effect passes and you don’t need to go to a rehab facility. As for the sounds—thank goodness the spacer is only temporary. Your new hip will be nice and quiet. :)
 
Back
Top Bottom