So glad you are confident in your new surgeon.
As bad as I hate to hear of this infection, so glad it's been caught now...early on.
I know you are not looking forward to more surgery, but this thing has got to be done as you say, and the sooner the better!
You have alot of well-wishes AND support coming from your fans, including me.
So sorry for you to have to go through this...
Bummer! I guess knowing the way forward is good. Hope you can get this started quickly and put it behind you. Meanwhile we will support you all the way!
Hi @ Mireille How are you feeling, hopefully now you know what is to happen will make it easier for you---Its a really difficult time I so hope you are finding the sstrength and positivity to help you. big hugsxxx
Oh @Mireille, you were one of first I read after my time away. Our surgeries were so close to each other. I am sorry your recovery has been so different. As others have said, many have success with the revision. The main thing is to get the mrsa resolved.
Prayers and hugs to you. Your meltdowns sound perfectly normal.
Hi @Mireille
Thinking of you this morning....wondering if you received your surgery date?
Hopefully you can begin the process soon. We're here for you, please don't lose sight of that.
We'll be here to support, pray and encourage every step of the way.
Love and hugs to you
Hi @Layla and @hipster333 I just heard from scheduling and they're saying May 5th. I can't wait that long. I'm so frustrated and feel like I've been abandoned. 4 more weeks and I've been dealing with this for a month already. Is this possible? Isn't there urgency with a MRSA infection?
Aren't they already treating the infection? Some of this may be the need to find an opening in the surgical schedule but maybe they also want you to have been on the antibiotics for a certain period of time before the first stage. I seem to remember Josephine saying something on someone else's thread about the bacteria needing to mature to be fully susceptible to the antibiotics. Maybe she could provide more insight. Above all, if you have questions about why things aren't moving more quickly, ask the surgeon what the impact of the wait is.
@SaraK Thanks! I've been on Bactrim for 4 weeks already. I've left a message for the surgeon. When I saw him on Thursday, he said he wanted me to have surgery as soon as possible. This has been going on for long enough. Ay this rate, I'll be off work until September. I want to get on with my life. I haven't had bloodwork in over a month. Still have low grade fever. Just frustrating!
@Bumblebee They feel it's hospital acquired. I did not have a screening beforehand but had no symptoms of infection.
I can't say I know how you feel (Few, even on this site, can truly know what this is like), but I definitely feel for you - both with the situation and with the frustration over the additional time before you can get your life back to normal! You have our hugs and our love and healing vibes coming your way. I pray not only for your return to health but also for the patience and grace you'll need in the coming weeks. That said, knock a few heads if and when necessary!
I do feel for you @Mireille. I acquired MRSA in hospital when I was admitted with osteomyelitis in my hip, which is now necessitating my hip replacement. I was swabbed for MRSA when I was admitted and was clear, and although they were never sure if I'd actually got MRSA in addition to the original staph aureus, or if it was on the lab slide, they had to treat me as if I had. I know it's a very frightening time, but they did get it cleared up eventually. I'm nervous that I'll get another infection when I have my replacement, but I'm trusting the OS, which is all I can do. I hope the antibiotics have started to work so that you can get your revision, and get back to progressing. Hang on in there!
@Mireille May 5 does seem really far off and I would be asking questions too. :( Praying you’ll get answers quickly as to why the date is such far too off and/or they can move it up for you. It doesn’t seem to make any sense having you in pain for so long. Hugs.
Hi @Mireille
I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated on top of everything else. It's so unfair.
Wondering if May 5th is the soonest available date they could offer, or if they want you on the antibiotics for a time as SaraK mentioned? Let's let @Josephine weigh in before we're all in an uproar. I understand your anxiety in wanting to get the process underway. Let's see if there is a legitimate reason for the delay.
Prayers for comfort and patience as you wait.
Also keep in mind that the doctor's definition of as soon as possible is different from yours. To you that's today, tomorrow, this week, etc. To him, it may mean the first available surgical slot keeping in mind that he has limited days and limited hours that he gets the OR and, unless there's a cancelation, he may not be able to get you in until a few weeks from now since every surgical slot is booked.
I would be thinking the same..soon as we can, would mean tomorrow to me. Don't know which infection I remember Jo mentioning about maturing...will look forward to what she will say about MRSA in particular.
Really terrible you have to endure this when acquired at hospital.
I bet you go from upset to mad about it all.
Sympathy ...and hugs from me.
@Cassidy Thanks for sharing your experience! Best wishes for a successful hip replacement! To be honest, I felt extremely well after my THR. I was walking well and pain was minimal. I have no regrets about doing the surgery with the exception of catching this infection. You're going to do well!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.