Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

Thinking of you this morning...
Hope they have answers for what exactly problem is and solutions so we can get this getting well business back on track.
Sending good mojo your way.:friends:
 
@Mireille - aww, girl, this stinks. On top of the stress of pending additional surgery, you should not have to deal with all that pain, too! Please keep us posted and we’ll keep praying.

Sending hugs your way!
 
Thinking of you @Mireille
Hope your appointment went well today.
Will continue to remember you in prayer for comfort and peace of mind.
Big hugs to you.
 
Good morning everyone! Thanks so much for all the prayers and support! My appointment went very well. Loved the revision surgeon. He was very thorough and wanted to know every detail from day 1 of surgery through now. He is waiting for the written report of my Synovasure test (joint aspiration) which he'll have today and will call me today with the action plan. There are two possibilities, clean up the area (debridement), replace the ball and cup and IV antibiotics or do the debridement and put in a spacer until infection is cleared, then put in the new hardware. It's all going to depend on what her finds when he opens it back up. I will know the outcome when I wake up from surgery. He also wants to get this done ASAP. He has vast experience in complex revisions of both hips and knees so I feel I'm I'm good hands. His name is Andrew J Cooper from Clearwater, FL. I'll keep you posted as soon as I have details.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day and weekend!:flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Mireille
You sound confident and resigned and that's reassuring. It's wonderful to read you loved the revision
surgeon and feel you are in good hands. You know there's lots of love to be found here (BS) as well as prayer
warriors for the cause. Thanks for keeping us updated, we care. The sooner the better sounds ideal. All the quicker you can put this behind you and move forward.
Love, hugs and best wishes for a peaceful weekend! Prayers for your comfort also. :prayer:
 
Wow @Mireille , your surgeon sounds totally impressive! Well done! You definitely need someone you can totally trust since he will need to make the procedure decision on the day. Hope you can get this done quickly. Please let us know how your phone call goes later today.
 
@Mireille I am so sad to read this, and I know exactly what you are going through----when you said about the pain on rising and the bed, it all came back and Im there again. These damn infections are really so awful, but sometimes when you know what it is its easier, whilst I was in hospital going through the same as you, there was a sense of relief because the recovery starts immediately. It will all get going quickly and once on the ivs hopefully the pain will diminish, get the ironmongery out and the healing will begin. The spacer is an adventure, hopefully just a one off experience!
The cruise will wait, and unless you feel well it really wouldn't be enjoyable, celebrate with an extra special cruise to welcome your new hip into the world. Tomorrow is another day,be positive and big hugs and love to you.xxx
 
@Mireiile so glad the appt went so well and you’re happy with the revision specialist. The sooner you are in the road to healing the better. It’s reassuring to know that he really listened to you. Praying the phone call goes well and you get a date soon.
 
@Layla @hipster333 Will, the surgeon just called. It's a MRSA infection. A 2 stage revision it will be. I get my surgery date on Monday as he wants it done ASAP. Not the news I was going forbut I had been preparing myself for that anyway. c'est la vie. Life goes on. :swoon:
 
Oh, bless you, I am so sorry it is really such a horried time for you. Will be watching out for news of your date and hoping it will be very soon, hugsxx
 
I'm so very sorry, Mireille...big hugs to you :console2:
I understand your disappointment and I'm sorry you have to go through this.
But the silver lining is there is a solution, thank God! And the sooner you
begin the process, the quicker you can put this all behind you.
I'm praying that the Lord holds you close, brings you comfort, peace of mind and complete healing.
Please know we'll be here for you every step of the way. That you can count on.
Sending lots of love and warm hugs your way. :prayer:
@Mireille
 
Oh no, @Mireille, sorry to hear about the MRSA! I am glad, though, to hear that you are in the hands of an experienced and thorough surgeon. Will continue to send prayers your way. Hugs!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom