Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

Definitely wouldn't want to miss that appt - glad it's so soon!
 
@Layla Thanks a million, I appreciate all the support you've given me while I've been on this forum. It really means a lot and I'm grateful. So many kind people on here and nobody understands better than you guys. I'm trying to keep myself together. Today was rough, had my meltdown but I'm better now. I have faith that things will get better. I love the bible verse and I will keep pressing for myself and others. Thanks again and have a lovely evening! :friends::roseshwr:
 
Oh no! @Mireille, I am so sorry to hear this news. Sending prayers. You will find the strength to get through this — just know you don’t have to be strong every day. Give yourself permission to cry, yell, and vent when you need to. Your Bone Smart friends are here to listen and support you all the way.
 
Oh my stars, @Mireille .
So not what I wanted to see when I came to check in you. My whole family had decided to fall apart lately AND did not sent to see one if my dear BS pals with bad news.
I am SO SO glad they caught this now, and SO SO sorry for this to be more struggles for you to endure.
Praying for you to be okay ...:praying:
 
@Layla Thanks for the :roseshwr: and :friends:
I hope you have a great Easter and that your mom is recuperating nicely!

@hipster333 Thanks! Hope you enjoy a nice Easter with the family! :friends:

@Mojo333 Thanks! I'm glad that it's finally confirmed so that the next step can begin. The sooner it starts the quicker it will end. Feeling optimistic! :flwrysmile:

Today I'm feeling just a little down because 24 members of my family will be sailing today on the cruise from, San Juan, PR, without us. We also had a trip to Europe in May that I have to cancel. I know things happen for a reason and I know once this is all over, we'll make up for lost time. I'm sad about it but I'll get over it. :loll:

Have a great Easter/Passover everyone!
 
You are going to get through this...I too am optimistic for you.
Handling the disappointments about the trips with such grace.
But when you do get back on track, you will be Golden!
Love and Easter Hugs to you.
 
I'm sorry you're feeling down @Mireille
It must be difficult thinking of your family on a cruise without you.
Hopefully they send you lots of pics and maybe do some FaceTime....
The sooner you get all of this behind you, the better. It will all work out, it's just an unplanned detour.
I hope you're not in pain and are able to enjoy the day tomorrow with loved ones.
Love and hugs!
 
@Mireille hugs. It can’t be easy having your family in the cruise without you and having to cancel your other trip. You are strong and you will get through this. I pray you are feeling ok and have a wonderful Easter/Passover.
 
Oh man, I’m sad for you. This stinks. :sorry: But I wholeheartedly agree that there’s a reason for everything. You may never know why, but in my case I found out why about a year after plans I had were stomped on. In the long run, you’ll be ok. Hang in there. :console2:
 
Hi @Mireille
Thinking of you today. Hope you're doing okay and your pain is under control.
Can't wait till you get all this behind you and are able to move forward.
Wishing you comfort and peace as you wait. :console2:
 
@Mireille just checking in to see how you are feeling. Time really does go quickly and before you know it you'll be back on the road to recovery. You have handled everything so far with such grace and strength that I truly admire you. I think your appt is tomorrow with the revision specialist. Praying all goes well. We are here if/when you need us. :friends:
 
So not the plot twist I was hoping for you! But at least you know the problem and the solution now, and that is half the battle.

I do have a question about your rash/yeast issue that seemed to start this all. Was that rash only on your replaced hip side, or on both sides? Reason I ask is that I am having an issue with a similar rash, and I recognize it for what it is, but mine is only on my replaced hip side. I thought that was unusual.
 
@YoungHippy The saga continues...

I developed a yeast infection in my groin about a week after THR. OS sent me to the dermatologist right away.

The main problem was the rash that developed around the edges of my bandage. It started with terrible itching. At 2 week follow up, OS removed the bandage. I did have a rectangular piece of steri tape (instead of strips) covering my incision. He said it would fall off or when it got loose, I could gently pull it off. I thought that would take care of it.

2 days after the OS visit, the itching was back with a vengeance, now it was around the steri tape and had turned into a bumpy rash. I noticed 3 small dots of pus and carried the OS. I went to see him the next day. The dots of pus had disappeared and he prescribed a cream for the rash.

All these problems are on my replaced side only. I'm 8 weeks out from the surgery.

Make sure to talk to your doctor if you have a rash.
 
@hipster333 Hi, hope your day was a good one. :flwrysmile: Thanks so much for always checking up on me. :friends:

I've been down and unmotivated lately. My appointment is tomorrow, my days are so mixed up. Last night was a terrible night. I got up to use the restroom and got stuck in the middle of the living room. Could not walk. Any movement would bring a sharp, stabbing pain in my groin. My son had to bring the wheelchair to me so I could just sit. I tried to get up and walk for about 30 minutes and it was excruciating. Finally, I was able to get to the bathroom, before I peed myself:heehee: and got back on my recliner.

I'm pretty sure I have a groin strain or tear. During these episodes, my abductor muscle even pulls on my knee. It's debilitating. It happens sometimes during the day but it's much worse st night.
 
Doesn't sound like you are having much fun these days @Mireille ! Not fair! Hope your appointment tomorrow goes well. We are here for you!
 
Back
Top Bottom