Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

@Mireille I have just read your entire thread at one sitting. And I have to say it's like reading a thriller novel. We have our heroine all brave and doing well, then adversity comes and she still handles it well, now waiting for the answer to the cliffhanger we were left with :) Thanks for being so detailed in your posts, and hope this is just a little speedbump before your recovery continues.
 
@hipster333 Hi, I feel fine overall, this is it's so puzzling to me. No low grade fever anymore (day 9 of antibiotic), my incision does not hurt and it's not hot. My main issue right now it's the stabbing pain I get when I move my leg. It's sudden and sharp, and makes me cry out. I'm ok if I'm sitting but when I walk or extend my gait, it's full on. I'm using crutches, my cane is not supportive enough and my steps have to be small. When i first get up from sitting position, I slowly have to stretch so I can stand straight. I can't even lay on my bed, too painful to get the leg up on it. I will be hearing from the doctor tomorrow and I think I need another xray, something is not right with the joint itself. I'm frustrated . Results from deep joint aspiration are in but the OS's wife just had a baby and have to wait until tomorrow for the results.

I packed for our cruise tonight. Was planning on using a wheelchair and just relaxing without doing any of the activities or excursions but as I'm writing this, don't think I'm going to make it on the ship.
 
@YoungHippy Thanks so much! That's a good way of putting it. :loll:This has turned into the rollercoaster ride from hell. I'm ready to get off this thing. Alas, what can I do? Gotta keep going and see where it leads. The conclusion seems so far away...
 
Hope you get the whole story today and they get you an X-ray. Thinking of you.
 
Hi Mireille,
Hope you get answers soon. I understand your frustration.
Waiting is hell. I'm so sorry.
You're in my prayers.
Hope this day brings you some peace :loveshwr: :console2:
@Mireille
 
@Mireille that must be frustrating knowing the results are in but you can't get them! :gaah:Especially because you want to move forward with whatever is needed to get you out of there so you can go on your cruise. When does the cruise leave? Is there good medical care in the stops you are hitting? I think that would be my biggest worry--so hopefully you'll have all of the answers you need by then. I hate that you're in so much pain that you can't get into bed. :bawl:Hugs :console2:
 
Hello my friends, the much anticipated results are in. I have a deep joint infection. I see the revision surgeon on Wednesday the 4th. I'm looking at a 2 stage revision, removal of implant and putting in spacer then one infection clears up, 2nd surgery to install the new hip. Not what we were hoping for but it is what it is. Decided not to go on the cruise. I'm so scared and frustrated right now. It's going to be a long road. I'll keep you posted after I see the revision surgeon. Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers! It means a lot to me.
 
I don’t know what to say other than I’m so sorry you’re going through this. :console2:
 
Oh @Mireille
My heart goes out to you and prayers are going up! You will know more after you speak with revision OS.
These are the trials that test our mettle. God bless.
 
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this! My heart goes out to you! Please know, though, that while this is a longer path than you expected, it can still have a very good outcome.

Unless you have trip insurance that will reimburse you for the cruise (and maybe even if you do), consider going - there's not a lot that can be done medically until you see the revision surgeon and it may be a good distraction for you and your family!
 
Oh @Mireille I’m so sorry that you have to go through all this. And that you have had to cancel your cruise. I hope that when you see the OS on Wednesday he’ll be able to give you a timescale for the procedures. Sending you prayers for healing :flwrysmile:
 
Mireille, I'm so very sorry. My heart goes out to you. I understand your frustration and naturally your fears.
This is something we all fear. You will get through this. It's not the route you planned and It's going to be a long detour, but you'll make it to the other side.

There are many infection / revision success stories here. Read them when you're feeling up to it.

Please know you are not alone. We'll be here walking alongside you as best we can. We'll offer prayers, love, support, encouragement and virtual hugs. We'll be here day or night....that you can count on.

Praying for your comfort and peace of mind as you move forward.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
 
@Mireille I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this. It will all work out in the end. It's just going to take longer than you had planned. I pray for reduced pain for you through this and a successful revision. I have seen through your postings how strong you are. You will get through this and we'll be here with you every step of the way. I'm sorry about your cruise. I know how much you were looking forward to it. At least at home you have access to the resources you need to get through the pain and get all of this fixed as soon as possible. Sending extra hugs and you are always in my prayers. :console2:
 
@hipster333 Thanks so much, it means a lot to me. I've had my meltdown and feel somewhat better. I'm trying hard to keep my sanity and not let this consume my every thought. I'm grateful for your support and encouragement. I hope you have a great evening and that work isn't too hard on you :friends::roseshwr:
 
@SaraK Thanks so much! I was going to go anyway but I would return on 4/7 and the appointment with revision surgeon is on 4/4. I called to see if I could push it forward a few days but he is booked through June. My OS made the appt. for me so he could see me right away. Couldn't miss it! I'm already thinking when this is all over to try and go again :beg:
 
Back
Top Bottom