Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

@Mireille I am so sorry that you have had / are having a scary experience! I have to crawl under a bench to get to an outlet to plug in the new surge protector so I can plug in the computer. I have been using my phone, only. But I am not seeing the alerts I think I should. I have popped in and had no alerts and I thought everyone was doing well and very busy. I rolled over and went to sleep. Sounds good. But I will be watching for your posts. I am sending virtual hugs and actual prayers
 
@AgilityDog Thanks, no crawling allowed :heehee: I appreciate the prayers and hugs. Hope you're recuperating nicely. I haven't caught up on threads yet.:holysheep:
 
@Mireille
I'm just catching up and reading about your incision draining and the upcoming procedures.
Its a quite scary ordeal for you but I agree completely that thank goodness this happened prior to your cruise.
I'll be praying your infection hasn't compromised the joint and can resolve quickly. Please take extra good care
Of yourself nutrition wise and get rest and push fluids.
 
Thinking of you...healing hugs and prayers, Mireille.:angel:
 
@BeBe @Mojo333 Hello, thanks so much! I feel so much better today. A lot more energy, less pain. I'm hopeful. I was able to get a decent night's sleep with the exception of these "spasms" of the muscle in front of my thigh. These jolted me awake several times. Haven't had them this morning :yes!:

To all a great pain free and happy day!:flwrysmile:
 
Omg, just got a call from another OS to confirm my appointment in case I do need a revision. I actually went to see him the 1st time I experienced hip problems. Hated him and his office and that's ho I found my current OS, Dr. Menon. Not happy. I called my OS and expressed my sentiments of that other surgeon and requested that I see another surgeon, regardless of distance. There is a Dr. Stolarski that seems to have a great reputation for revisions. This other one, I can't really find much info on him. Let's see what happens, I will not settle.
 
@Josephine Hope you're doing well! Would you happen to have any recommendation of revision surgeons in the Tampa Bay, Florida area? Thank you.
 
Hi @Mireille
Hope you're having a good day. You seem to be in better spirits. I'm happy to hear you're feeling more energized and hopeful.

I think @Jamie would be the best contact in your search for a revision surgeon in your area. I've tagged her for you.

Prayers continue for peace and comfort as you move forward.
 
@Mireille it’s so great you’re feeling better today! Maybe that means it was just surface and it’s clearing up? Praying that’s the case and you don’t even need the revision.
 
@Layla @hipster333 :friends:
Thanks! That's what 'm hoping for. Just feeling a lot more optimistic! I had applied for a promotion at work the week before I was due back and things were looking so promising. Pretty sure I was gretting it and then this happened. I've been stressing about it on top of this. I realized my health comes first and what will be, will be. Just had a phone interview and the job is unofficially mine. So grateful and happy! I don't even l now when I can get back to work and that's ok. Feeling pretty happy right now! :happydance:
 
@Mireille .... I do have an excellent surgeon recommendation in Florida, although he's a ways from you. Dr. Haidukewych was recommended by one of our BoneSmart surgeons as a doctor who works with difficult cases and I think he would be a good choice if you could accommodate the distance. He's in Orlando.
broken link removed: https://doctors.orlandohealth.com/Haidukewych_George-Orthopedics
* Recommended by Brian (Orthodoc) for difficult revisions and infections knees and hips
Orlando, Florida He does one and two stage revisions. Good with infections.

Orlando Health
1222 S. Orange AVE
5th Floor, MP 43
Orlando, FL 32806
Phone: (407) 649-6878

https://www.orlandohealthdocs.com/leveloneortho/

Internationally recognized for joint replacement surgery and trauma, George J. Haidukewych, MD, serves as director of orthopedic trauma, chief of complex joint replacement, academic chairman for the Orthopedic Faculty Practice and professor at the University of Central Florida College of Medicine. He trained at the prestigious Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.

Dr. Haidukewych specializes in total hip and total knee replacements as well as orthopedic trauma. He brings extensive experience in the management of failed and infected total hip and total knee replacements and in reconstruction of the joints after trauma.

I'm also providing this link for you to check up on any surgeon you are considering. You can see from this database how many hip or knee replacements they do each year.

broken link removed: https://www.floridahealthfinder.gov/CompareCare/SelectChoicePhysicians.aspx

You'll see that your Dr. Storlaski does a huge volume of knee and hip replacements (sadly the chart doesn't identify revisions versus primary surgeries). I checked his bio as well and it would appear that he's a good match for you, so I'd definitely recommend you talk with him.
 
@Jamie Thanks so much! This so much mote than I was expecting. I'm truly grateful. I will review so I can be ready for conversation with my OS. Thanks again! :roseshwr:
 
Last edited:
I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I’d be a hot mess. Congrats on the promotion - a silver lining amongst the current clouds.
 
Congrats on promotion @Mireille. You needed a positive.

Hope you are having some relief with hip. It’s great Jamie has a recommendation in Orlando. While it may be a bit of a drive, it’s worth it if you get hooked up with right doc.
 
Hi @Mireille
Congratulations on the promotion. God's timing is perfect! You needed something positive
in the midst of this trial. You're in my prayers and will continue to be. You'll get through this.
Realize that you have many who care, are praying for you and here to encourage you day and night.
Wishing you a peace filled weekend.
Love and hugs to you.
 
Good news for job promotion!
Congratulations:yahoo:
Now to get this other issue done with.
Wishing you a peaceful Weekend.
 
Hello, nothing new with me. Just waiting. Had a couple of days without a fever so was getting a bit more optimistic. The pain comes and goes but when its on, it's brutal. My little opening, I really have to name it, is still draining but it hasn't gotten any bigger. The redness, warmth and tightness has also diminished. Just ready to move on with whatever the next step is to finish this off. :prayer::good-bad:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom