Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

Yup, not far Yes, it will be another sleepness night. Still shaking. I put a few terile gauzes over out and wrapped an ace bandage over out to keep it in place. Still freaking out.
 
Oh @Mireille. :( hopefully the incision bursting means the infection was only surface and is draining. I hope you were able to get some sleep. :( Praying for answers and healing for you today. Hugs.
 
Hello all! Surprisingly, I was able to get some sleep last night. In a free minutes, I'll be heading to the OS for the joint aspiration and most likely tomorrrow, I will be having debridment surgery. Please keep the prayers coming . I will update later. Thanks so much for all your support ❤
 
Good Morning,
You probably slept out of sheer exhaustion, sweetie.
Thinking of you and praying for your comfort, peace of mind and healing.
We're all rooting for you, Mireille.
Hoping for the best possible outcome for the aspiration today and the debridement tomorrow, if it's necessary.
Sending you big hugs!
@Mireille
 
Hello everyone, I'm back from OS. He could not get any fluid out of my joint. He used ultrasound guided technique. I have pus coming out of the opening.

It's actually a very small opening directly on the bottom of the incision. It's draining quite a bit. He decided not to do a debridement because he wants to identify if it's a surface or joint infection. The reasoning is that if its the joint, he wouldn't want me to have to have 3 surgeries instead of the 2 stage revision.

I'm having a CT guided aspiration at the hospital lab on Monday. Samples will be sent to 2 labs. The one that the hospital uses and the one the doctor prefers. It's going to be interesting to compare both. Anyway, he expects to have his results within 24 hours.

My guess is that I would have answers no later than Wednesday. Still waiting on results of the culture from the aspiration he did Monday. If it's superficial, he will bring in an ID doctor to work with us on treatment. If it's joint, the revision specialist will also work with an ID.

I actually feel better today in terms of the fatigue. I have more energy and don't feel like I'm dying. The joint pain is still there but I can deal with that.

Sadly, it looks like I will not be going on our cruise next weekend. I'm disappointed but on the bright side, I'm glad this happened now rather than when I was out at sea. Such is life!

I'm in better spirits and I thank you all for the prayers and being there for me. I hope you're having a lovely day. :flwrysmile:


PS, I find it strange that I haven't heard from @Josephine I hope she's doing well!
 
It sounds like your OS has a good plan in place to sort out the infection. Monday will be here before you know it and you’ll then have a clear course of action.
Glad you’re feeling better in yourself
 
@Mireille glad you are feeling a bit better and that the os has plans in place to move forward. I’m so sorry you won’t be able to go on your cruise. :( hopefully you had cancellation insurance or can reschedule. You will be feeling better before you know it and ready to travel again. Thank you for checking in our here. I’ve been worrying about you a lot today. Continuing to pray that it’s just a surface infection and everything is cleared up soon. Hugs
 
Can you please let me know your thoughts and suggestions.
Well I don't 'do' lab reports as it's not my area of exerptise. Besides which, I couldn't read them anyway because the resolution is so low!
He has already made me an appointment with the revision surgeon
Who 'he'?
my incision just burst open at the bottom
When you say it 'burst open', can you explain that? To me, it sounds like the would could have split open all the way down to the bone! Are you sure it's not just a blister or a stitch abscess (which would be about the size of a pea)
I find it strange that I haven't heard from @Josephine
That's because Josephine was in hospital herself having a pacemaker fitted!
 
Sorry to hear that. I hope you're doing well and recuperating nicely!

I developed a small opening at the bottom of the incision which started draining profusely. The rest of the incision is still closed. I asked OS about a stitch and no it's not a stitch. OS mentioned an abscess but base on the ultrasound, he thinks it's unlikely.

The OS. He's trying to expedite and appointment just in case.

On Monday, the lab is doing a CT guided aspiration of the joint. The OS wants to identify if it's a surface or joint infection.

Thank you!
 
Back
Top Bottom