Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

Hi everyone! Went to PT today and she was going through the notes and took a look at my hip. She didn't like what she saw and did not want me to do any exercises. She asked if it was ok for the head of the rehab facility to take a look at it. Of course, I said yes. He assessed me and also did not like what he saw. He said it was red, angry and hot. He immediately got on the phone and called the OS. I see him Monday morning. I'm so grateful for the OT facility for going above and beyond. I feel a bit validated. Mind you, I've never felt the need to be validated by anyone but this whole thing had me doubting myself. Totally uncharacteristic of me. I've also had a low grade fever these last couple of days so that was worrying me even more. I've been having anxiety attacks and the post op blues hit me suddenly and hard. Feeling frustrated and trying to stay positive. Not always possible. I tend to retreat from people when I feel this way.

Anyway, hopefully I'll have a resolution soon. Ready to move on from this.

I hope you all have a great weekend!
 
Glad pt helped press the issue @Mireille. I’m sorry you have an issue to press. Hope whatever it is does not worsen over the weekend.
 
I hope you get a resolution soon! I'm glad you have others helping to advocate for you. I'm sure OS gets frequent calls with someone who thinks they could have some sort of infection, but other health care professionals may be taken more seriously. If you don't get satisfaction from OS, consider seeing your PCP.
 
Aww, Mireille....I'm so sorry you're going through this sweetie. Sometimes we just need to go with our
gut and not worry about what others think. You've been concerned about this for days. I'm thankful someone
finally got agressive about pursuing it. I'm sure worrying about this has brought on anxiety and the blues.

Whoever reads this and is willing...let's cover Mireille in prayer. Prayers for comfort, peace of mind and healing. We're with you, sweetie!
Sending love and a warm hug :console2:
@Mireille
 
@Mireille I’m go glad the OS is going to see you. I’ve been really worried about you. I’m praying too that it gets better over the weekend and you see an end to your panic attacks. You are not alone. We get it! I also pray your fever goes down. Sending hugs your way!
 
@Layla @hipster333 Thanks so much for the prayers! God knows I need them. As soon as I read your messages I just busted out in tears. I'm really grateful for all the support. Even when I disappear from the forum for a few days, I think of everyone on here and keep all of you in my prayers. The support and encouragement we get from each other is priceless. Thanks from the bottom of my heart :friends::roseshwr:
 
Mireille, I am grateful you will be going Monday.
I am sending my prayers too and want to say to try your best not to project...I realise that sounds easy for me to say...will be thinking of you.
 
Thinking of you too Mireille...wish we could speed up to Monday....waiting for an answer is so frustrating.((hugs))
 
I've had the dermatologist and 2 physical therapist expressed concern
Is that all they expressed? Concern?
I'm so grateful for the OT facility for going above and beyond.
Actually they weren't going 'above and beyond'. They're supposed to do that!

My opinion is that it looks fine to me. A bit flushed but that could be because of activity/exercises.
 
@Mireille I hope you're not stressing yourself too much! You have our prayers in your corner and Josephine thinks everything looks ok. Hope you've been able to enjoy your weekend!:friends:
 
@Josephine @hipster333 Thanks, I'm stressing even though in trying not too. The redness is a little wise than the prior picture and it's defintely warmer. Still have that low grade fever, today I've been hovering between 99.8 and 100.2. The pain has returned with a vengeance, even my TKR on the same side is bothering. The hip pain is worse when I'm sitting or standing. A little better when I'm laying down but still throbbing. Very nauseated today and blood pressure was 178/95, not the norm for me. It's usually on the low side. I'm trying to stay positive but it's hard. On top of that, I return to the office tomorrow. Not sure how I'm going to bear the 1 hour commute to work and then 1 hour to the OS. It's a little crazy. I feel worse now than I did right after surgery.
 
That blood pressure scares me as much as anything else. Is this the first day that's been elevated? Have you called the after hours line for PCP to see if they want to adjust your meds or have you go to urgent care or ER to get that under control?
 
Hi @Mireille
Your BP may be elevated because you're feeling anxious. You have a lot of symptoms.
Low grade fever, swollen lymph nodes, redness, warmth / heat, throbbing pain and now nausea.
Consider going to the ER. Let them figure out what is going on and whether you need to be treated.
It seems this has been going on for about two weeks, hon....and it's gotten progressively worse.
I want you to know what you're dealing with so you can begin treatment if necessary, take a deep breath and continue healing. Prayers :prayer:
 
Last edited:
@Mireille I know you’re supposed to start back to work tomorrow, but with so much going on with your body I would think twice about that. I would agree with going to the ER too with all of your symptoms, especially since you’re so anxious about it. Praying you get treatment soon. Hugs!!!!
 
Hope doctor is able to figure this out. A bit late chiming in, but hope you were able to go to doc before returning to work.
 
Hey Mireille,
Thinking of you today. Hope all goes well with your doctor visit and there's a logical
explanation for all. Update us later if you feel like sharing.
Prayers and hugs!
@Mireille
 
Back
Top Bottom