TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Minnie's knees Here you go......
[Bonesmart.org] Minnes new knee and MUA
[Bonesmart.org] Minnes new knee and MUA
[Bonesmart.org] Minnes new knee and MUA
 
@Minnie's knees do you think that the above post has worked the miracle on your knee last night? I'm glad you got on ok at the docs x I was the opposite to you. I had good bend, rubbish extension x
 
@tiredwife @madinana @marmora @gr82cu2 @ConnieJOS @new knee in June @Yorkimom @Nana moon 27 and everyone else.
[Bonesmart.org] Minnes new knee and MUA

I slept well last night only getting up for about an hour with my medicine. My chest is feeling better and the rain has stopped. I did not have PT Thursday or Friday due to not feeling well. I will have in home PT on Monday and Wednesday and then start out patient on Friday. Lucky for me the out patient facility is only 2 miles from home.

I visited the Christmas thread yesterday and now I want to go shopping lol. We don't do much for Thanksgiving as no other family near by but I love Christmas.

Have a great weekend everyone.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Minnie's knees

Good morning Kathy! I'm glad you slept well and are feeling better. I slept well also. I generally have had problems with insomnia for years. Always, to some extent, but it got worse when I was about 50 and those mid-life hormone fluctuations started. But during these four surgeries, I have slept better than ever! It really strange because I can't get into a comfortable position, so I sleep sitting straight up with my back against pillows on the headboard of the bed. Normally I wouldn't be able to sleep like that at all. My "normal" is to toss and turn like crazy! But the hydrocodone justs puts me right to sleep. In fact I have a hard time staying awake when I'm NOT supposed to be sleeping. I didn't take much pain medicine with my first two surgeries, my hips, because they just didn't hurt very much. But I took it for a longer period of time with my left knee because it hurt for quite a while. That's when I realized how much better I sleep with it! The bad thing is, I didn't take any at all for a month before my other knee surgery. I know you can build a tolerance to it, and I wanted it completely out of my system so it would be working full effect for my right TKR. I tried to ween myself off, but I must not have been gradual enough. When I stopped completely, I didn't sleep at all for FOUR days! It was horrible! So now I'm sleeping very well while taking it again, but I know I can't do that forever. I'm already dreading stopping it and going back to the insomnia. But I know how addictive these narcotics can be and I would never take more than my prescribed dose or take them for any reason other than pain.

Well, I didn't really mean to get off on a tangent on that subject! But again, glad you are feeling better.

Happy Saturday!

Connie
 
Hi @Minnie's knees and @ConnieJOS

Our bodies all react differently to the meds. I've been on morphine since last September 2013. After my knee surgery they out me on a very high dosage 120 mg per day. Up until my revision I was still on 80/90 mg per day depending. I wish they'd made me sleep. Nope never did. They made me hallucinate to the point that I couldn't sleep. So now since revision I'm down to 60mg a day 30mg am/pm. I still don't sleep properly. Sleep is starting to come now I'm coming off it but it has to be come off slowly. I cannot wait to get off them completely I really can't x I hate what they do to my personality, my concentration. I've not been able to drive since last December x
The good news is I'm on my way to recovery, my knee doesn't even feel like a replacement most of the time. I'm due to reduce by another 10mg on Monday down to 50mg. Can't wait. I was on 30mg pre surgery x

Sorry Kathy didn't mean to derail your thread x I'm so glad that you are both doing so well in your own different ways x x xx
Take care love Ann x x x
 
@ConnieJOS Glad you are sleeping well also. I had read so many threads before my surgery where people had insomnia for weeks and was concerned as I was only getting about 5 hours sleep prior to surgery. Also read about people not being able to sleep in bed and we don't have a recliner. I have been very lucky being able to sleep in bed since 1st night home and not much insomnia. I wake up almost every night about 2-3 am and stay up for about an hour. I take hydrocodyne 10/325 every 8 hours and 500g extra strength Tylenol in between the hydrocodone doses. I can't imagine not sleeping for 4 days. That is horrible, hopefully it is better this time when you come off of it.
 
@Nana moon 27 I can't take Morphine. It makes me ill. The hydrocodone and Tylenol keeps pain level 2-3 most of the time and I am okay with that as I hate taking narcotics for same reasons you listed. I don't feel like myself when on them. Glad you are doing better since the revision and able to decrease the morphine. Hopefully this continues for you.
 
@Minnie's knees Glad you are feeling better. Bronchitis isn't fun, neither is TKR.
We went to a church breakfast this morning and then grocery shopping. Came home and hubby has been napping for an hour our so. His first week back to work wore him out, but he is doing pretty good.
You have a great day!
 
Hi Kathy @Minnie's knees

Good to catch up on your posts and see that you are starting to feel better and the the bronchitis was caught early.

My blood sugars were very from day one post- op and still at week 9/10, so the endocrinologist added Metaforim 1 at breakfast & 1 at evening meal and to continue on my daily injection of Victoza 1.2 mg.

It took about 10 days to get back to normal sugar level readings.
So, hopefully, yours will be back to normal soon.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@tiredwife Glad you were able to go to breakfast. I'm not surprised that Steve needed a nap after breakfast and grocery shopping. Glad he did good on his 1st week back.

@marmora My sugars were okay 1st week and then they went out of control. They were up around 300-380 earlier this week. Yesterday and today they are 230 -270 so better. I feel better with the sugars dropping even though they need to be lower. I already take metformin but it was not enough since surgery.
 
Hi @Minnie's knees

Why don't you pop into the social room and see the Christmas threads. In particular "I know it's early but..." That's so funny. There is also my "what's the worst present you ever been bought?"

I think you'd have fun just reading the banter but you're most welcome to come in xxx

Love Ann xx
 
@Nana moon 27 Thank you. I visited the I know it's early Christmas thread last night and posted the gifts I have bought so far. I agree it's a great thread. I will check out the other one about worst present tonight. Hope you enjoyed your time with your family today.
 
Thanks Kathy,

Yes I had a nice time but I was so worn out again. It feels like some one pulls my plug out. Horrible xxx
 
Good morning @Minnie's knees! I'm so glad that they caught your bronchitis soon. Hopefully the meds have kicked in and you are feeling better. I also hope they get your blood sugar levels evened out. I had mentioned in my thread that I have been pre diabetic for the last 10 years. When my blood work came back on Friday it said my level was 101, which of course they say is above the 99 mark. But I was thinking that wasn't bad at all because I thought the stress of surgery and pain can elevate your levels. Then I read you wrote just that very thing in your thread. Have a good Sunday!!!! Anne
 
@tiredwife good morning. A restful morning can be a good thing. All of the to do stuff will still be there later. I have so much I would like to be doing but it makes me tired thinking about it.

@Nana moon 27 good morning. How are you today? I hope you slept well.

@Yorkimom good morning. My Dr wants my sugars under 150 first thing in the morning. I was there about 90% of the time before surgery. Now they are over 250 every day and earlier this week they were 350. We are adjusting insulin this week to get it under control. Dr said it will level out over time and will be adjusted down as needed. The high sugars affect healing so I am glad my Dr is very on top of this.

I woke up about 2:30 am and was up until 5am. Finally fell back asleep until 7:30am. My knee was hurting but not sure why, maybe I slept wrong or something. We have had a lazy morning. My daughter did our grocery shopping yesterday and hubby did some laundry. I have started transitioning to a cane finally and it feels so weird :rolleyes:. I am ready to get outside and do something. Have a great day everyone!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Minnie's knees Good Almost Afternoon! Sorry you had a restless night. Hope is doesn't become a habit!
Make sure you aren't limping while using your cane, but it is a big step forward!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom