So glad you are back to life.
New hips rock! :happydance:

OP
OP
M

minifab

Country
Canada Canada
Does anyone know if it is safe to use massage guns, theragun for example, on my hip muscles after replacement? Don’t want to do any damage to the prosthetic. Thanks!

I’ve been getting weekly massages, and they feel great. But was looking at the theragun to supplement foam rolling when I do weights or cardio at home.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Hello @minifab
Sorry its taken a few days for a response. I think your question was accidentally overlooked. I wasn’t familiar with massage guns and had to look it up and inquire within staff about the use of one. It’s not recommended for personal use. I’d suggest you ask your surgeon if he’d recommend the use of one through a trained therapist. Hope this helps. A great week to you!

Pumpkln

Country
Does anyone know if it is safe to use massage guns, theragun for example, on my hip muscles after replacement?
I would question using a massage gun on surgically traumatized tissue, they seem to be mostly for sore muscles after sports activities.

In any case check with your surgeon and PT before attempting to use a massage gun on your new hip.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Happy Four Month Anniversary! I hope you’re doing well.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and all things good in the New Year.
@minifab :carols: :plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:

OP
OP
M

minifab

Country
Canada Canada
Thank you for the feedback and well wishes all, this board has been so nice to have through the process! I did speak with my surgeon on using the Theragun and he said it was perfectly safe to do, so I’ve been using it after some heavy workout and it feels good!

The worst part of the surgery is for my poor dog, she’s so exhausted all the time from all the walking we do now :rotfl: I love walking, going for strolls around the neighbourhood to hikes through the forest, it just feels so good.

Ive got full ROM and zero pain, still building up muscle mass a bit - by summer should be all good!

The Holidays were a bit different this year, first year without seeing extended family in person. We did a lot of zoom calls and playing games on the zoom, so we did the best we could - vaccine roll out can’t come soon enough.

The hip handles everything I’ve been throwing at it and just asks for more, feels good to feel good!

happy New Year to all!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
feels good to feel good!
Music to our ears!
So glad you’re feeling good and doing so well. Thanks so much for taking the time to share such an uplifting progress report. May it only get better.
Have a wonderful week!

djklaugh

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@minifab It's lovely to hear you are enjoying your new hip :yay: Your dog may be tired but I'll bet he's very glad to have his human back to walking fitness :)

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
waggy
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom