TKR Midwest Girl's New Knee Journey - A Year Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@midwest girl ,
Just post what you would like your thread title to be here, and one of the moderators will change your title for you.
Good luck with your knee scope in June, hope it gives you a couple of years of pain relief.
 
Please change my thread title to:
Midwest Girl's New Knee Journey - A Year Later.
Thank you!
 
Today marks the one year anniversary of my new knee. Although there have been some bumps along the road, I have never regretted my decision to have a TKA. I still have days where my knee will tell me I've done to much standing or walking. My scar looks great. The only pain I have is some occasional pain in the back of my knee, some achiness by the MCL and an occasional zing where the nerve was cut. I'm still limited in activity due to the condition of my left knee, but in time that will be replaced too. Having the tka on my right knee was one of the best decisions I've made.
 
Your thread title has been changed. Congratulations on your knee. It sounds like you are doing really well. Hopefully you'll have a matching set of new knees here one of these days and you'll really rock and roll!
 
One week from tomorrow is my left knee scope. Praying for a good recovery.
 
Wishing you all the best with your left knee scope. Hope it gives you relief from your left knee pain.
 
I've never looked forward more to a surgery than this knee scope next Wednesday. This past Sunday - Thursday I was on a work business trip and my knee started acted up, painfully, on Thursday, the day I was flying home. Wearing the knee neoprene sleeve/brace helped a lot. But with that busy week and mowing last night it is just so painful today. The loose body is really caught in there. Ugh. This afternoon I have a 200 mile drive to my parents to co-host a birthday reception for my dads 80th birthday. Back home on Monday and get everything in order- shopping, food purchased, laundry, mowing etc all done on Tuesday. I'm really hoping this surgery will take care of this pain. I know it is only a stepping stone to a tka. But it has to buy me at least a year of time.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Had my knee scope today. The surgeon said he didn't know if he helped much at all. He said it was the worst knee he's ever scoped. Not very encouraging. No mention of a loose body and there isn't any indication of one in the images from the scope. Will have to see what he says at my post op visit in two weeks.
 
Already forgot the rule - stay ahead of the pain. My knee is screaming now at 4:00am. Ugh.
 
I guess I forgot how much pain there is following a scope. My last scope on this knee was 3 years ago and I don't remember it being like this. My whole leg aches. And pain behind the knee - which was there before surgery. The difference between a scope on a regular knee and tka knee is night and day different. And I have this headache that I can't shake. And I'm incredibly tired. I think I've napped more than I've been awake these last three days!
 
I am sorry you have had some much trouble. Prayers for you:::
I've had a few scope and they hurt me. My leg ached all way to my ankle. Xxx for healing.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
May have to go to my regular doctor tomorrow. I've had a sore throat/coughing/scratchy voice since surgery. I don't believe it's intubation related because I'm coughing up green stuff. It's been 5 days, I'd say it's time for antibiotics.
 
I think you're right. Hope you feel better soon.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Went to the dr this morning. It's a viral infection - just have to ride it out. . At least I got some cough syrup to help me have some uninterrupted sleep!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom