Guest viewing is limited

THR Midouri's Second HIp

Hi Crickethip,
Yes getting outside has helped a lot and I was a bit tired when I got home. I’ve emailed the consultant to ask if I can sleep on my side; I’m a bit nervous to attempt it and damage anything.
 
Hello :hi:
Wonderful news to hear you made it out for a change of scenery. Those first outings are so rewarding making one feel like part of the world again.
I hope you end up liking the body pillow. You'll know when the time is right and most ease into it slowly rather than attempting it for hours on end.
Following is an article on side sleeping you may not have read -
I hope you're having a nice Sunday and I wish you a great week to come!
@midouri
 
You're welcome!
Have a great evening. I hope you sleep well tonight. :sleep:
@midouri
 
Congrats on your night out! I am just shy of 2 weeks ahead of you and had my first night out this week for my son's birthday- made me feel like I was rejoining the world- almost a sensory overload - but wonderful (despite my backside's protest to the hardness of the restaurant chair!- I guess anything feels hard after over 5 weeks on a recliner with a still tender hip area!)

It took me several days to "talk myself" into side sleeping- I found the "log roll" somewhat anxiety provoking! Finally managed with my husband on close standby, firmly hugging a body pillow between my knees and counting to 3! Then grabbing for the edge of the bed with my right hand (I was rolling onto my left side),. I also found the first week and a half of side sleeping, I needed an additional pillow between my legs (again with my husband on standby to lift my operative leg and insert another one) because within moments, I felt all the muscles stretching and protesting on the outside of my operative leg. For the first few nights, only managed an hour on my side before I switched back to my back- but still so lovely to have doubled my repertoire of sleep positions! Fast forward a few weeks, and I am rolling from my back to my right side independently, down to 1 pillow between my legs and letting my husband sleep through the process (which happens multiple times per night!) After my recent (almost) 6 week post visit with my OS this past week (and his lifting of restrictions), I even tried a bit of time on my stomach- which feels like a really good to fully stretch the hip!

Good luck with your log roll! I am sure you will master it in no time!
 
Hi @midouri :wave: I'm just popping in to see how you are doing? Your day is winding down while mine is revving up!
I hope it's a good day today.
 
Hi Cricket hip thanks so much for thinking of me x. I’m a bit sore today but getting around better and now on one crutch. How are you going? What week are u on? I’ll be week 5 soon.
 
Happy Tuesday, midouri. Down to one crutch :yes!:
Good for you! Five weeks on Thursday, it looks like.
When you're in the midst of recovery it feels like time is moving slow but you soon realize the weeks are actually clicking on by. Two major surgeries for you within ten months is a lot. Just think how great you'll be feeling by Lefty's one year anniversary and Christmas!
You're doing so well...keep it up and have a great evening. :friends:
@midouri
 
Thanks Layla so much for the encouragement. I have been a lot more down with this surgery. Maybe it is the realisation that these are big events and that I’ve had 2 major surgeries within one year but I’m starting to pick up now as I get more mobile x. Thanks for caring x.
 
@midouri I am a full 4 months on the 25th!
Hard to believe but also so pleased!!
I plan to update my thread then.
But the sneak peek to my story is that I’m doing very well. Thank you for asking.
I’m sorry you've felt a little blue, hopefully you are able to get out and start doing more things now.
I found that even a car ride to some place pretty was helpful. Or a movie theater with reclining chairs.
You have had quite the year, but your hips will thank you in 2020 and reward you!
 
You're welcome, we do care and we understand.
Getting out does help, I definitely agree with that. Some fresh air, sunshine, a change of scenery. It all helps pass time, days, weeks and soon it will be the holidays and New Year and you're going to feel fabulous! It's coming :yes:
Hugs :friends:
@midouri
 
You are doing well for five weeks.

Also is the perfect time for the post op blues and cabin fever:console2:
Keep the faith...its going to keep getting better!!!
 
Good luck, midouri! Don't be surprised if you don't find it comfy for too long. Hopefully not the case, but you may want to ease into it.
Sweet dreams tonight! :sleep:
@midouri
 
You were so right Layla. I had to lie on the left which felt a bit sore. Every hour maybe, I had to turn onto back for a bit but the majority was on my side and I did sleep!
 
:sleeep: Aah...at least a bit of restorative sleep!
It's going to get there. You are doing great @midouri
Hope you have a good day...
Maybe the weather will allow you to get some fresh air?
We should get at least 20 minutes of nature's healing mojo per day...unless we are busy. Then we should get an hour!:) :-) (:
 
Hi Mojo, my left hip (the one that was done last December) is twinging the last day or two ... is this normal? Maybe it’s taking the brunt of the weight during recovery??
 
That would definitely be my opinion...I have certainly heard other double hippy members say their older hip complained some especially during early recovery.
It might like some heat on it while the other side is enjoying the ice.
Try not to worry, @midori
You are going to get through this.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom