THR Midouri's Second HIp

I didn't have any blood thinners prescribed but know that there have been members that were prescribed Rivaroxaban.
Some may recognize it as Xarelto.
Maybe they will respond?
Are you concerned about this?
 
Hi,
Are any of you taking Rivaroxaban?

Hi @midouri,
I had my right THR on Sep 10. I received 2 injections of blood thinners while in hospital and then a prescription to take them orally for 21 days after I was discharged. I've since seen my OS and we didn't discuss that further. Do you feel any sharp pain in your calf muscle?
 
I didn't take anything but aspirin but seems the surgeons all vary in their protocols in regards to the blood thinners. If they aren't bothering you, I'd just continue and not question the process.
At least that seems to work for me.. :heehee: but like surgeons, we are all different!

I hope you have a super day today, or rather a super rest of your day, Im thinking it's afternoon in your neck of the woods.
 
Thanks Layla,
I’m 4 weeks tomorrow. Things are going well but slow. I was told I had no restrictions but have been careful anyway. I’m struggling with sleeping on my back. Do you think it’s safe for the implant etc if I lie on my non-operated side at this stage??x
 
Hello Midouri!
The back sleeping got Old Quick for me too...much longer out before I could manage but I had two op sides also.
If you had no restrictions, you could try lining two pillows up between your legs.
Layla used a body pillow which sounds very helpful also.
 
Hello and a Happy Wednesday to you!
If you think you'd benefit from, or like a body pillow, I'd suggest getting one. They are inexpensive and well worth it in my opinion. They are long enough to run the length of your legs with still enough length left over to wrap an arm around, if you like to sleep that way. I fall asleep on my non op leg using the body pillow nightly. It's my preferred way to fall asleep.
Hope you're having a great day!
@midouri
 
Hi @midouri
That really varies from person to person. It depends upon how your recovery is going, what your fitness level was going into surgery etc.
At this early date, I'd use the Activity Progression for THR as a rough gauge.
Some excel, some lag behind but I think you'll safely not over do it it you follow it loosely.
Have a great weekend!
 
Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope you're having a lovely day. :flwrysmile:
Enjoy the rest of the weekend. :)
 
Thanks ladies x. Went out for dinner on Thursday, was the first time I’d been out properly since the operation (generally only 10 minute walks around where I live before this). Swelling has reduced greatly around the knee. I am now doing 2000 steps. Can’t wait til I can lie on my side... got the body pillow Layla but too afraid to go on side so I might just wait til the 6 weeks.
 
HI @midouri You are making progress! I bet your night out was wonderful. Were you exhausted afterward? I would be so tired, but it was a good tired. :sleeep:
Hopefully you will snag some more outings soon, I found that getting out helped me immensely.

Good luck with the side sleeping when you try it and have a good weekend. :flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom