THR Midouri's Second HIp

Thanks for the kind words @midouri :roseshwr:
Hope today is a better day and that your 'plumbing' is behaving. It was quite the trick to manage my pain and keep all going well.

The site is undergoing upgrades so will not be available for a few hours, but do leave us an update and stay chilled
:ice:
 
Thanks for the kind words in regard to BoneSmart. You do meet some great people here. I found the site invaluable during my recovery also @midouri I hope you're having a good week so far. Give us an update one of these days when you have time and are resting comfortably. Happy Wednesday!
 
Hi Layla,
I’ve had a dull headache for the past 2 days... could that be because I’m fully off meds now?? Also been having a bit of diarrhoea today on a few occasions!
I hope the incision is not infected? I’m sure I’d be really sick if I was?x
 
I'm sorry. Headaches are the pits.
I wonder if you're staying adequately hydrated. Try upping your water intake and see if that helps.
The diarrhea may be from the meds. If so, I'm sure it will ease soon but another reason to make sure you're staying hydrated. Read the side effects of the meds you were recently on.
I don't believe either symptom you've mentioned is a sign of infection. I'll leave the common signs below.
If you're concerned...don't ever hesitate to call the office of your OS for reassurance.
I hope you feel better soon. Please stay in touch.

Some common signs of infection are:
Fever
Unusual or increasing pain
The incision is hot to the touch
A change in the size of the incision
A change in the odor of the discharge
A yellow or green discharge that is increasing
Redness or hardening of the surrounding area
Excessive bleeding that has soaked through the incision
@midouri
 
How are you doing today, midouri?
I hope your headache and digestive issues have settled. Please let us know if you're feeling better when you have time.
Wishing you a nice weekend!
@midouri
 
Thanks Layla hope you have a lovely weekend. Things are improving thankfully. I went to see nurse today to check on wound and it’s well sealed which is great. Am feeling a bit down but I know this is normal x.
 
Good news about your well healed incision. It's so nice to get positive news, isn't it? Sounds like you are getting the pain and discomfort calmed down a bit, that is helpful for our spirits, too.

If the stronger meds are needed occasionally? Maybe try chasing it with a nice glass of prune juice, or even get some actual prunes to eat.. it worked like a charm for me. Sometimes too good..:dubious:

Enjoy the weekend, we have nice bright sunshine here in my neck of the woods.
 
Hello and Happy Saturday @midouri
It's good to hear your incision is healing nicely.
That is always reassuring news. I'm sorry you're feeling down. Hopefully a good night's sleep and a new dawn has lightened your mood. I understand it's not much comfort, but so many experience down days in early recovery.
There's pain, fatigue, dependency and plain old boredom sets in. It can make for a blue mood.

I'm not sure if you've ever checked out the Social Area on the forum but there are some entertaining threads and games that can serve as a distraction for a time when you're feeling down. Check it out if you haven't already -

Sending a hug and wishes for a brighter day! :console2:
 
Happy Saturday! :wave:
How are you doing over the past week since we last heard from you, midouri?
I hope all is well and you're content with your progress.
Leave us an update when you have time and have a great weekend!
@midouri
 
Hi Layla
Thanks for taking the time to message me. I went outside for 2 walks In the past week for 4 minutes. I’m mainly inside as during the week my husband works and I stay upstairs as I’m afraid of falling on the stairs when he’s not here... that’s been tough being cooped up but my furry little friend (cat) has been my minder. I’ll venture down from now on because I feel a bit stronger and think I can manage it x. I’m pain free which is great and the swelling is much lower and only really becomes more evident after my ~600 steps which I do in sets of 100. I’m taking all the advice that you’ve given me on here... let’s hope hip no. 2 is as great as no. 1.
I’m coming out the other side now... the first few weeks are hell lol tbh but there is light!!!
Have a lovely weekend x.
 
:tada:
I’m pain free which is great and the swelling is much lower and only really becomes more evident after my ~600 steps which I do in sets of 100. I’m taking all the advice that you’ve given me on here... let’s hope hip no. 2 is as great as no. 1.
I’m coming out the other side now... the first few weeks are hell lol tbh but there is light!!!
:) :-) (:
So glad to hear you're stepping into the light now!
Great job staying patient and I do hope you have a good weekend!
 
Wonderful news to read you're doing better and you're pain free! :yes!:
Your mood feels lighter also...a good sign.
I keep forgetting you have another surgery soon. It's a blessing you have another couple months of healing to regain strength and confidence before your next scheduled date.

Be careful on the steps when you're home alone. Hopefully you have a cell phone you can carry along with you while navigating stairs until you're feeling more self assured.

Thanks for updating, it was nice to hear from you. I hope you have a lovely day! :)
@midouri
 
Hi Layla,
Yes I have a little handbag to carry around when I’m puttering around alone x.
I had the other surgery last December x.
Thanks for all the advice xxx
 
Am really hoping and praying I get a lifetime out of my new hips. My gran has hers for 40 years. I’m following all the advice and won’t partake in anything high impact in future... never wanna have this surgery again x.
 
There's a great possibility you'll have your hips for life.
Here is an article from the BoneSmart Library that may be of interest.
Tap on the title in blue and the article will expand.


@midouri
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom