Guest viewing is limited

THR Midouri's Second HIp

Hi Layla, saw specialist and he’s happy with my progress. Hopefully I’ll be back to work with a phased return early next month.
 
Hi @midouri,

@Mojo333 gave me a heads up that you had a question about returning to Pilates? It sounds like you are in excellent shape and at about 7 weeks, also that your restrictions were lifted by your OS. I am a long-time yoga practitioner and also have done some Pilates. I started working on my mat with restrictions lifted at 6 weeks. My surgical approach was posterior. I found that my flexibility came back before my strength. I was able to touch my toes pretty quickly, but my standing one-legged poses took almost a year to get back. I am still working on strengthening the muscles on the sides of my hips and my glutes. What I have found helpful is to be very mindful of every new motion and exercise I try and feel what my body is ok with and what feels like too much. I use props to help support me in new moves. I found abdominal strengtheners from Pilates on my mat were very helpful, also side leg lifts. One of the strategies I've used is to seek 1:1 instruction to help me safely get back into something I haven't tried yet. Do you do reformer or mat pilates?

All that being said, best thing I can say is don't push beyond your limits and take it easy because you are still in serious healing mode for the first 90 days. I set myself back a lot by overdoing it... And ice after working the muscles helps a lot.

Hope this helps and happy rehabbing!:)
 
Thanks bionicbutt,
It’s mat Pilates. The last time I got some 1:1 sessions so I might do that again x. I was planning to start with those at around the 10 week mark. I’ll probably ask for advice again around that time x. Thanks xx
 
Happy Wednesday @midouri
Hope all is going well and you are feeling stronger and more confident with your new hip.
Today is going to be a beautiful day here before an expected cold front this weekend...sunny and warm.
Hope you are able to get out some where you are and give those hips a stroll.
:SUNsmile:
 
Thanks Mojo x, when I saw the specialist I decided to take the hard route to test myself.... instead of a taxi, I walked to the train station and got on ... I walked around 3000 steps which is a personal best!!! I’ll be having acupuncture later and plan to walk the 25 minute journey there xx
 
I walked around 3000 steps which is a personal best!!
:loveshwr: Wonderful!

I’ll be having acupuncture later and plan to walk the 25 minute journey there xx
Oh..okay Miss Midouri.:umm:Do not make me worry for you.
25 minutes there and a taxi home after, I hope.:beg:
You know I'm the resident worry wart. Only you know what is helpful and what is not...leave yourself time to take a pause if necessary.
Hope you have a good, good day.
 
Hi Mojo,
Was raining quite heavily so my husband drove me there x.
The acupuncture was nice and she gave me a bit of reiki as well. I can do that myself as I practice it!!! I find the reiki good as well x.
 
Not that familiar with Reiki but I'm all for doing what helps you heal.
Sorry I sent the rain cloud...:heehee:
But I'm glad you had a good day.:roseshwr:
 
Hi @midouri :wave:

Ahh, just reading about your acupuncture and reiki session makes me feel relaxed and happy.
Mojo333 sure gets her way, doesn't she? She sent you a rain cloud so you wouldn't walk! That girl has crazy mad skills..
Seriously, you sound like you are managing your recovery very well. Just remember it's still early days.. would hate to see you have a set back from your walking adventures.. plus you will wear our Mojo333 out! :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited:
Hi Crickethip,
How are u? The weather is not good and with the leaf fall it’s extra dodgy. I’m not walking too much for fear of falling. The way I see it is all I really need at the moment is a continuous 2000 steps then I’ll stop. I only need about 1500 to get to bus stop when I go back to work and then a few for the walk in ... so I’ll be ready in a few weeks x.
 
:hi: Hi @midouri
It's good to hear the specialist is happy with your progress and you're already contemplating a phased return to work next month. Great headway for sure.

I think it's quite normal to feel tenderness around the incision area for months given all the area was subjected to during surgery.

When you say prickly are you meaning a sensation beneath the surface, or more of a scratchy feeling? If it's scratchy / dry you may find relief through applying some cream or lotion. That's only once the incision is completely closed. Some I've heard mentioned are E45 Cream, Bio Oil, Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion with Vitamin E, even Coconut Oil. Hopefully this helps...
Have a great evening and weekend!
 
It’s just sore but a little raw looking... the line of course is still red. Don’t think I’ll risk putting anything on it yet but it’s just frustratingly sore
 
No, I wouldn't put anything on it either if it's open, sore or inflamed.
If it continues to bother you, have it looked at, or see if you can send a photo from your phone to the surgeon's office for some reassurance.
Hope it feels better soon.
@midouri
 
Hi Midouri and Happy Friday!
You walking goals make sense and I like how you are trying to plan it properly.
Those incisions can have all sorts of feels. Zingy, stingy, warm, itchy, zippy and zappy.
Mine still has a weird feeling at times, and I am 4 1/2 months.
The irritation sounds annoying, are you wearing slax or jeans with a rough seam, maybe? Probably a long shot, but had to ask.
Other than that, you seem to be doing well!
:yes:
 
Last edited:
Thanks for all your advice ladies. I’m trying to wear loose fitting bottoms Crickethip. I might cover it with a padded dressing x.
 
Hi again, @midouri
Covering it may work, but if you get hot / sweaty, I wonder if it will irritate the area more. I'm not sure I'd want to take that chance. I'd try wearing lightweight, loose fitting clothing until it's not so bothersome.
Will check in on you again soon.... :wave:
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom