Thanks, everyone! Maybe best to just go to a cardiologist?
@lanstan , it's not red or warm to the touch before or after icing.
@Charlie33 , I have a wooden roller I use to prevent plantar fasciatis. Will try that and a tennis ball to see if either helps. Also, the point about using new hip muscles and the way that might impact? That's what my PT thinks because it only reared its ugly head when I addressed the compensatory limp in the nonoperative leg. And my hip and buttock have pain as well, and that's new.
I have consistently normal blood pressure but my cholesterol levels are high (runs in the family). I can't take statins because they cause unbearable muscle pain.
Spent the morning reading up on the Mediterranean diet, vitamin k2, oolong tea, that kind of thing. I don't have high sugar levels, but evidently sugar is a major culprit in high cholesterol, so I'll minimize sugar.
If it's PAD, they'll want me on statins ... which I cannot do. No point living with the muscle agony they cause me. Sure hope it's not PAD!
Thanks to all of you helpful hippies!