THR Meggzie is bilaterally bionic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Meggzie, sounds like that Spud is just trying to match you tit-for-tat with the injury! You should share your trusty ice packs with him! Seriously, though, I'm glad you're getting him checked with your vet. These critters of ours are more sensitive than we give them credit and maybe by the time you're ready to walk down to see him, he'll be ready to meet you at the fence! :heehee:

You continue to do what you have been doing, taking care of numero uno, and everything else will fall into place. I'm sorry about your Mom's shingles and know how painful it can be. We have all had our shingles shots in my family after watching my mother-in-law suffer with them twice. If the vaccine is available to you, please consider adding it to your list of things "to do" once your healing is complete. Prayers for you, your Mom, and your sweet family as you all find your way through these recovery days! It gets better. Promise! :thumb:
 
Jena is home, how fantastic - well done Aussie girl!

So sorry to read about Spud - my thoughts with be with you when you meet with the vet this afternoon like now a I guess :) we will be looking forward to a positive outcome update x
 
Great news!! and I still cant believe it - but Spud has no major injuries. He is just a bit battered and bruised - a bit like me!! LOL The vet was amazed when I told her what had happened that he wasn't much more badly hurt - there's a power out there looking out for us both, I think, and I'm very, very grateful.

So Spud has a fresh bandage on his owie, and he has anti-biotics in his feed for the next few days and a lovely NSAID to keep a lid on the pain from the bruises. Looks like there's no lasting damage and I am one of the happiest (and now the tired-est) campers on the planet. Time for dinner, meds, ice and bed!!
 
@Meggzie you must be so relieved! I woke up this morning and was thinking about Spud. So glad he is on the mend (with you). Now you must focus on your recovery as well. You and Spud - recovering together!
 
@Meggzie Woot! Very happy for you that are home, in your own bed! I trust Spud will be well on the way to recovery and raring to go once you are ready. For now though - get in the recliner and rest! :)
 
Fabulous news all round @Meggzie...glad Spud doing well do you can concentrate on your recovery.....! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh yeah! I'm paying for yesterday - big time! I knew I would, but I went and did all I did yesterday anyway - you'd think I'd know better this time round :what: Of course, now that I know Spud will be ok I really can take it easy and focus on my recovery...

Anyway, my plan for today involves the following:

Ice + elevation
Meds by the clock
Getting out of the recliner only for bathroom and meal breaks
Not even bothering to change out of pjs
Enlisting the help of my lovely furkids to keep me pinned to the chair :heehee:
[Bonesmart.org] Meggzie is bilaterally bionic!
 
@Meggzie your lovely picture of your kitties has me in tears. I lost my last boy only days after my RTHR. Enjoy their devoted company. They are such a comfort!

Your plan of action is so good! Well done!
 
Oh No! @Jaycey I'm so sorry that the pic has opened not so old wounds. I know how it hurts to lose a beloved furkid. Vale Jerry.

Eddie and Flo asked me to send gentle kitty cuddles your way :kittykiss:
 
Aww.... Nice kitty blankets!!!
Glad you are were able to relocate to home sweet home!
 
Good Morning Bonesmarties! Well, my body is letting me know in no uncertain terms that I am a Bone-dummy. I woke up still sore this morning - all those stirred up structures around my shiny new hip are reminding me that doing too much is just plain stoopid. ( Worry makes you dumb!! :heehee: )

My plan for yesterday was carried out to perfection with rest, ice, elevation and meds - but I think my body knows that I'm sometimes a seriously slow learner and is just driving the message home so it gets through my thick skull!!:scratch:

In a perfect world I would make today a carbon copy of yesterday, but i have to go in to the OS's rooms to have my staples out. That will mean sitting in a car for an hour each way - good thing the seats recline! I will be taking it as easy as is humanly possible - and keeping those meds up.

I am 100% refusing to let this get me down. I know why I'm sore, there's no-one to blame for that but me, it's not the end of the world, I will improve and I WILL be smarter about my recovery from now on :yes:
 
Staples are out, and I am back home and into icing, elevating and resting :) I think the little bit of moving about that I did has helped and I am much less sore now than I was earlier today. But there will be no overdoing it for me today - back to the recliner I go with my trusty ice pack!
 
Glad the staples are out @Meggzie...it feels better when they are gone....one milestone down!

Glad you are not overdoing it today....slow & steady is the order of the day.....recliner & ice pack sounds good to me! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes Jena, another milestone down as Chrissie indicated - how many did you have? How is Spud? Love the photo of your furry companions xx
 
Being sore first thing in the morning is normal. I am very stiff at 4 weeks out. But as you get more mobile and gain strength this will ease. Keep up those mantras! They really do help!
 
Being sore first thing in the morning is normal. I am very stiff at 4 weeks out. But as you get more mobile and gain strength this will ease. Keep up those mantras! They really do help!
 
Being sore first thing in the morning is normal.

Yep, that morning stiffness/soreness is normal, but the way I felt on Wednesday and for half of yesterday was a cut above that normal stiffness - it was my body paying me back for overdoing it in Monday and Tuesday.:yes: I needed a very quiet day on Wednesday, and just the little bit of activity that I did yesterday to get back on track. Today I am back to what I consider 'normal' morning stiffness - grateful that the "too much" that I did only slowed me down rather than stopping me in my tracks.

how many did you have? How is Spud?

Not too sure how many there were, between 20-30, I think. Spud is doing well, I looked in on him yesterday. He's still a bit stiff and sore...but aren't we all?:heehee:

Another quiet day is on the cards again....I do dearly love my recliner!





​
 
Rest up. We do need it. I have told myself that my day of rest after much activity is a present to myself for having a good day. Today is my active day. It is Friday so it is American Football night. Last week I did too much and really regretted it. Today rest until my mom arrives and we will have a late lunch and go to game. Last week I had breakfast with a friend lunch with mom and then the game. I regretted it.

Enjoy your day of rest. Mine will be tomorrow after tonight.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom