THR Meggzie is bilaterally bionic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for your update on Monday!
 
:happydance::yay::dancy::spin::wowspring::wowspring::wowspring::spin::dancy::yay::happydance:
​
Oh, I am so excited for you . . . yes, it will be so scary . . . I had three panic attacks when I went out for my winter ride, and I was only thinking of your adventure!

Oh, heck, if the back of the truck doesn't work, grab a crane! Oh, what a wonderful opportunity, if only just for a moment. Best wishes. Hoping for pictures .... and, of course, that all goes super well.
 
Horse float! That's a new one. I expect you are talking about your horse trailer? I use the fender over the wheel to get on too, when I haul. Where there is a will, there is a way! Excited for you to get to sit on a horse again.
 
Nice to hear you are on the mend Meggzie and hope you get back to your first love horse riding soon, :horseriding:


Billy
 
Helloooooo! Well, ladies and gents, I think it's fair to say that I'm about as happy as I've ever been!

I felt sick to my stomach driving to the equestrian park, what on earth was I thinking? This was madness!!! But I went there anyway :heehee: I arrived and found my doctor and her little mare (who was as described - just so sweet). So, the doc went and rode her test, then brought the mare over for me. She's only 14.2 hands, but even so, we put her by the side of the spectator's bleachers so I could just step on. To say I was nervous is a massive understatement! And then I sat on her.....and it was like coming home! I took her for a short walk, then did a little bit of trot work...the mare was super and I was thrilled.

Just before I rode, the doc and I were checking out the horse I had really gone there to see. Once I had ridden the mare, she gave me the thumbs up to ride him. So the owner rode him first, then my coach.....and then me!!! The owner's dad gave me a leg up, and off I went! Walk, trot and canter! He was just spectacularly lovely! So steady and soft....super responsive, riding felt effortless....and more importantly, SAFE!

The owner and I had a long chat after I got off and wiped the tears of joy off my face. We settled on a price, and my new boy is coming home on Wednesday!:happydance: My family are all utterly horrified, but I am just over the moon! Life's too short to let opportunity pass you by and I'm just gonna do the thing I love above all! I've made every effort to remove as much risk as I can by choosing this lovely boy, with promises to never ride unsupervised etc, etc, etc - they're just gonna hafta get over it :wink:

So, for those who are interested in such things, the new man in my life is 'Wizard' - and he's sure cast a spell on me! He is a 12 year old, 16hh warmblood x Australian stock horse. He's training elementary level dressage (not sure if that's second or third level in the US?) and has done a bit of just about everything else. And come Wednesday, he's MINE, :loveshwr:

Horse float! That's a new one. I expect you are talking about your horse trailer? I use the fender over the wheel to get on too, when I haul. Where there is a will, there is a way!.

Yep @concal thats exactly it! Funny how we all speak the same language....and yet not! :loll:

Life is good, my friends. Very, very good!:horseriding:

PS - Sorry Sheryl @Me2 I didn't get pics, I was way too busy being head over heels with the pony to think about the camera I'll try to do better later this week!
 
And that is just spectacularly lovely! I cannot imagine the joy you felt -- oh, but, yes, I can! :roseshwr:

Oh :wowspring:this is late Monday night in Pittsburgh, which means you are late Tuesday night which means in just a little bit Wizard will be home :welome: Wizard!!! I am so excited for you :yes!:
 
Hi all you "horse with passion" people!
It has not been a passion that I have had BUT yesterday I did a longer walk than ever in the country side where I live. The weather was clear when I started, then a quick smattering of rain, the hailstones and then sun! I was walking past a field of horses who usually ignore me when I go by but yesterday the three of them came over to the fence to see me. I melted. It was as if they knew I was a "hippie" and needed encouragement and a stop in order to keep going up the hill! I don't think I will get riding but I have made friends in the field up the road, thanks to my hip!
Karen
 
@copsham Great job braving the elements - that was quite the spectrum!! And yes, horses are good for the soul... I can just see them now, coming over, ears all pricked, asking if you're ok with their eyes. I'm so pleased your shiny new hip has helped you to make equine friends :flwrysmile:

So Wednesday was a BIG day. I was up before the sun to get myself off to an early PT session and then straight on to pick up my new pony!! Meet Wizard!!

[Bonesmart.org] Meggzie is bilaterally bionic!


I gave him a day to settle in - and on Thursday, we had our first ride at home. Only about 5 minutes worth as I am uber-conscious of overdoing things. I had a friend there for adult supervision and to take some photos. So, here's a pic of our first ride at home - :happydance:

[Bonesmart.org] Meggzie is bilaterally bionic!
 
Oh Jena, he is a beauty -- I don't know how I missed this! I was watching and waiting and, just a little, worried that something happened!

Hoping all is still great!

Love the Australian saddle, too! My husband and son both have one -- I have a super light weight western for now from when my back/hip issues started so that I would be able to saddle up myself. Come Spring -- I think a new saddle is going to be my reward -- perhaps a first anniversary present for my new bionic body!
 
Your horse is gorgeous. Great to see you riding again! I use a treeless saddle-I too have back issues and regular saddles are just too heavy for me. I love my saddle; it is a glorified bareback pad and is so comfy.
 
Wizard thanks you @Me2 and @concal for the lovely compliments :flwrysmile: One of these days Sheryl, I'll get me one of those very comfy Aussie stock saddle's too!! The one in the pic is just a standard dressage saddle :wink:

So, I'm back to work full time, and not doing a lot of riding - mainly because Wiz has thrown a shoe, and he's a bit of a princess about a bare foot:groan: So I'm doing a heap of ground work with him. That's really nice cos it helps us to connect without needing to ride. And it's all a bit kinder on my body. I've had a couple of really big, active days, and I've been a bit achy - so it's great to have a legitimate reason to not hop on. My next challenge will be to find a farrier who will answer my calls and then hopefully will arrive on time!! My regular guy is injured and not taking on new horses :sigh:

I've been fairly absent from Bonesmart lately - so I'm off to catch up on your threads!!
 
Hi Sheryl! @Me2 Jena and the Wiz are doing great thanks!! Life is as busy as always with work and playing with the pony. I'm leaving the house at 6am and lucky to be back in by 7pm - leaving me a couple of conscious hours to have dinner and watch a bit of TV before collapsing into bed!! Sorry I haven't been around much!

I am riding more and more - so far this week I've had 4 rides - and seeing as its only midday now, riding today and tomorrow is definitely on the cards!! Wiz is just the sweetest horse on the planet - so steady! And it's lovely that he's not just a boring old plodder - he's actually a fairly talented dressage horse so he's great fun to ride! :horseriding: He makes me feel safe and I'm enjoying my riding immensely. I get off after every ride with an idiot grin on my face that takes quite some time to fade. He's such a dude - and just what I need!

The lovely Spud has gone to his new home. He is now with a 16yo young man who rides like a centaur and is a lovely, gentle human being. I'm super happy knowing that he's in a capable, knowledgeable home where he can fulfil his potential and give his new owner so much fun!

Both of my hips are mostly good. The newly repaired left is - understandably - occasionally a bit achy and just weak. The right is also occasionally a bit sore too - probably from doing so much work to compensate for the left. I still have a small limp, but it is getting less and less week by week. I can't quite believe that today marks just 12 weeks since I fell off Spud and broke my leg, damaging the prosthesis in the process - it really is mind boggling that I'm back to a mostly normal life.

I'll pop on over and check in on your thread now!!:flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom