Guest viewing is limited

THR Meggzie is bilaterally bionic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah baby! Ice, oxy and vegemite toast are my friends! Instant coffee not so much...but my sister will bring proper coffee a little later...so far, so good
 
Ick. Vegemite. We have talked about that last year, but it didn't make me any more eager to love it :lol:
Glad the oxy is doing its thing!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
So happy you are doing well . . . I had that nausea thing going on to and it was quite unexpected for me . . . gee, I didn't have any cute little bag :umm: . Glad that part over but still not much appetite for me at Day 5. Busy day and exhausted but here to visit!
 
@Me2 hey Sheryl, thanks for dropping by! I know how that energy drain can be! Right now I'm kinda euphoric, but know that that can change in the blink of an eye ..soaking up the good right now.

Let's both rest, ice elevate, take our meds by the clock and nail our recoveries ! Our ponies are waiting for us! :happydance:
 
Way to go Jena - I love your positive, half full glass attitude. x
 
Glad all going so well for you @Meggzie....do t like the sound of that nausea...hope that has worn off for you! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Hoppy Nanny yep we got the nausea under control. Now I'm eating like there's no tomorrow! :heehee:

I didn't have the best night. Got super itchy from the pain meds, and we found the solution to that...another med! Gotta take meds to save us from the meds! Anyway, got the itch under control at around 2 am....then slept thru til 6...which was great except I woke up sore and needed to go to the bathroom. By the time I got up, into the bathroom then back to bed, I was really sore! Now I have Targin (slow release oxy) plus endone, plus panadol on board, and it's just starting to kick in. Ice is doing its thing too. Things are looking up....just need the itch stopper and a stool softener and I'll be all set to have breakfast! Bring on the prunes:thumb:
 
Oh boy, did I love my prunes Jena.. Glad the nausea and the itch is under control - you are doing just great. I love your upbeat posts xx
 
I have to say @Poppet prunes are not my favourite food, but I recognise them as necessary :sick: Thanks for your kind words about me being upbeat....I figure we mostly have a choice in how we react to our circumstances, and from hard experience, I have found that the glass half full approach is easier on me (and any poor soul who has to deal with me when I'm having a pity party...and trust me, I do have em, I just save em up for when it's all too much:wink:.....it's early days yet, watch this space:rotfl:
 
If you hate prunes, dried apricots or raisins are a good replacement. Sounds like you are doing great @Meggzie!
 
Jena - we are doing great -- yes, I'm eating my prunes like medicine - I've had no appetite but, oh well, I can eat as that much of nausea has been over.

I've been doing super otherwise -- are you home yet? I stepped out my back door for some fresh air with my little ones Monday morning and my Storm starting hollering for me. My husband was a little late feeding him, but it was nice to imagine he missed me for at least that. Our run to our lower pasture borders my play yard so he stops to visit now and again. I'm not quite making it across the yard to visit, but I really shouldn't give treats there anyway.

Watching for your updates, I'm not only keeping my glass half full -- it is overflowing!
 
@Meggzie

Well I am with you on that....I hate prunes, so use an all natural laxative called Senokot-S, the S is for stool softener. I take it at night and I drink tons of water. Just a thought

Cheryl
 
Hi and congratulations on your new shiny hip! It sounds like you are doing fantastic so far and your bright attitude & sense of humor will get you through this!
 
Well it's 3.30am and I'm officially BORED! I've had a great sleep, not tired, pain meds are doing their work and thank goodness for Bonesmart or I'd be going round the bend!

@Me2 I'm still in hospital - and that's certainly not all bad, but home would be nicer. I am in the military, and they take exceptional care of us here, but they are unwilling for us to go home without adult supervision in the early days of recovery. My Mum can't get over here to help me out until 30th, so once discharged from this lovely private hospital, I will move to the ward at the local military hospital til Mum gets here on Thursday next week.

My surgeon's normal protocol is 3-5 days in hospital then patients are free to go home. I noted that on the estimate of fees that the hospital put together, my stay would be 7 days (think that might have been a typo). Anyhow, I figure if I can't go home and Defence have approved the schedule of fees, I sure would prefer my lovely private room with my own bathroom, staffed by fabulous nurses over a bed in a public ward on a military base, sharing the ward with up to 3 young, upstart officer cadets :rofsign: The hospital has agreed to let me stay the full 7 days before I go to the military hospital, so who am I to argue?:SUNsmile:

So, onto the subject of prunes, etc. I've been taking a stool softener since day 1, started on prunes yesterday and added a slightly more 'effective' stool softener to my drug regime last night. And for now.....nada! My surgeon did mention "bringing out the big guns" to deal with that. Not sure exactly what he means, but if you hear news of a massive toxic waste dumping incident in Australia in the next day or two....that will be me getting things moving along:heehee:

I'm not only keeping my glass half full -- it is overflowing!
So great to hear Sheryl! I do envy you being able to at least set eyes on Storm. I miss my pony something fierce. There's just something about being able to see, touch and breathe in the essence of horse that is just about the best therapy on the planet, I think. Once you can safely make it across the yard, give Storm a cuddle from me too!:friends:
 
I'm having a great day today. I've had some lovely visitors, done a few laps around the ward on my crutches and done some physio. It's great to be able to look back on hip number 1 and know how much is too much. I think I've found a good balance between rest and activity today...tonight and tomorrow will tell if I'm right :-)

To top it off, the 'big guns' have done their job, to my great relief!

Hope you are all having a super day too!
 
You are doing really well walking laps already and hopefully will not have any ill effects from it. How long will the military keep you off work?
 
I think I got the balance about right,,,I'm aware that my body worked yesterday, but what I'm feeling seems like normal morning stiffness to me. @Carriemay60 I should be off work full time for at least 6 weeks and then a graduated return to work program over the next couple to three weeks. At least, that's what we did for the first hip, so I imagine this will be the same.
 
@Meggzie Sounds like you are doing very well with your second shiny hip.
glad you are able to stay in this hospital for 7 days, before going on elsewhere. Your military
does take care of you nicely.
Hope the food there is good! All the best to you... :yes::yes::yes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom