Guest viewing is limited

THR Me2 and Recovery

How are you doing today? Hope your fever goes down, your bloods go up, and you get to go home soon!
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: Me2
Just thought I would stop by and say good morning! Hope you have a great day Sheryl!

Cheryl
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: Me2
Home sweet home! I was finally released about 5:00 yesterday. It was dependent on temp staying below 100 which it hovered at 100.something all day but did release me anyway. Doc visited in morning and said incision looked good, no sign of any clots in legs, having bms, so in other words temp is just body reaction to surgery. I have no appetite yet, forcing myself to eat and concentrating on proteins. Temp down this morning to 99.8 and still have chills. Taking Tylenol by clock but pain level 0-2. Now, I understand concept of "Log Leg" (leg does not respond when I tell it to) which I don't remember having last time but not near the numbness.

Thanks Debbie @Dmcfad2 and Claire @MajorHeidi for looking in on me. So good to have some of my old friends still here to cheer me on. Cheryl @CanukTriMom I am determined to have a great day!

To all who consider me brave for doing without the amnesic drugs and total sedation -- you are the brave ones! I am/was so afraid of the black hole of not remembering that swamped my last recovery. It is so good to be able to remember the safety I felt throughout surgery in having so many taking such good care of me.

Jena @Meggzie I am so thinking of you this weekend as you prepare for surgery on the other side of the world. I didn't get to go for ride just before surgery, just too much life. I did get to get up on my Storm and ride around our paddock which had to be good enough. Life on the other side round #2 is totally different and yet the same. Last time, hospital had 7 of 15 beds filled, this time 17 out of 15 beds filled so staff was crazy busy. I'm doing different drugs this time. I can certainly say the Ketarolac (I think torodol) that I had last time certainly must have been responsible for total euphoria I felt til the bottom fell out.

Again thank you everyone for being here -- gotta go lay down
 
What a wonderful day! I'm feeling so much better than this morning -- Only Day 3 and I'm doing walking and have steps down, but working to balance rest and walking so no scolding. I went to my great nephew's birthday party today as we share our birthdays which was actually HUGE for me as I never told any family about my last surgery. So now, my family knows I had not one but two surgeries. I did it between two rest times. I'm tuckered now though so . . .
 
Rest now Sheryl and a very happy birthday honey x
 
Hip, Hip Hooray!! Happy Birthday!! Enjoy a well earned rest!! :flwrysmile:
 
glad to hear your surgery went well; you've got true grit gal!
 
@Me2 had mine same day as yours. I was treated well by hospital, got out 1 day early. Only needed 1 dose of Zofran for nausea, knocked it out quickly. Had surgery ay 0730 was up walking by 4 PM. My big concern is the operative leg is longer than the non op. PT gave me a lift for my shoe seems to have balanced me out. Home doing my short walks around the house resting icing taking routine pain meds. Overall, doing better than I thought I would be doing by this time. Only 4 days postop. Keep up the good recovery and enjoy as much as possible.
 
Sounds like you are both doing well so early in recovery @Me2 and @hzootz - slow and steady is the way to go :)
 
Dear Sheryl, I meant to check in before now, but have been very busy with a big job change (good one-I can PM you with details if you wish). I did think about your surgery last Wednesday and again Saturday morning while I was out for a long ride. Your thread for round 2 is soooo different...glad you sound so confident and your recovery so smooth. Looking forward to the double scar picture...they will be your racing stripes!
I am very happy for you and Belated Happy Birthday!
 
Hi Sheryl! Hope you're feeling a bit more energised today. One more day down the road to recovery...one step at a time :)
 
How are you going @Me2 - we would love to get an update when you feel up to it xx
 
@Me2 , hope you improve a little more each day. Just keep thinking about getting back in the saddle again. That goal alone will keep you going. Belated happy birthday:)
 
Hi all you great BoneSmart friends: One week ago today I was awaiting surgery, getting my autographs about now! I am sitting here with tears of joy for especially the friendships I have here who have supported me so wonderfully to celebrate with me! I am doing just so wonderful.

I have had quite a bit of swelling since Day 4 - none before then husband had family over to celebrate birthday and home coming and I've been doing too much since so it went from no swelling to x3, sometimes down to x2. I haven't had any pain med since surgery except Tylenol (and the Exparel, but not, stuff in the wound) and not even that since Day 5.

Not only is my new hip doing just fabulous, moving so pain free, my foot walking so straight, my mind is so calm and so at ease with the surgery. I am able to sleep!!! I am actually sleeping, icing and elevating about 12 hours (2 at rest time with kids and from when I'm done working at 6 until following morning at 5:45 )! I get up and walk around to bathroom, occasionally but then back to chair or bed. Again, I had to have my business (child care from 1 year old to 10 year olds) open with help on Day 5. Kids have been teasing me with my old lady walking but have been taking good care of me.

I had only one major melt down where I just felt I could not do this - but it was just a normal melt down no extreme fear, panic, anxiety! As I was mid way through it, my mind kind of clicked in to oh, this is what everyone talks about of emotional roller coaster, its normal!

So far, I feel good about my new part, I'm not missing my old hip -- I got to actually hold it (in specimen container) for about half hour while I was in recovery to say good bye.

Hoping to take a few minutes to check on my fellow hippies as kids are due here soon and got to get ready for day. I am thinking of you all and promise to catch up with your progress.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom