Watch 2020 JRAD Videos

THR Mcane21's Recovery Thread

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Could be me but I'm thinking a 13 KM bike ride might be part of your problem. Are you still elevating and icing, especially after doing things like a 13KM bike ride? Not sure what your physio has you do but have you tried some very light, easy stretches to loosen up?

Are you practicing mindful heel to toe walking? It really takes a concentrated effort to get used to. And I do understand being frustrated because you're not where you think you should be, trust me, I'm right at 8 months now and have to use my patience muscle daily. :thumb:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hello @mcane21 Happy Thursday to you :wave:
If I were you...I’d step away from whatever Physio has you doing, stop the bike rides temporarily, ice often and rest when you’re able. I’d try this to see if the pain eases. What do you have to lose, but pain? It’s worth a try. I would consider walking as my only form of exercise in the interim....your choice of course.

It seems apparent you may be overdoing it and flirting with the ODIC (Over Did It Club) you can‘t rush this recovery, or your body’s healing process. It hasn’t even been three months since your body experienced a “controlled” trauma. Please allow it heal as it’s trying to do.

As for the limp...it’s recommended you use an assistive device until you’re no longer limping and be mindful of heel-toe walking as Elf1 mentioned above.

Please stay in touch and let us know how you’re doing.
Wishing you comfort as you continue healing. :)

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Three months!:happydance::egypdance::happydance:
Hope all is well with you.

Month 4 was my biggest turnaround month as far as stamina, good sleep, and starting to build some strength back.
Lots of healing still, but I hope you are feeling inspired.
Have a great weekend.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:wave: Hello @mcane21
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Best Wishes as you continue on your healing journey. :)

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
KateT
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom