Watch 2020 JRAD Videos

THR Mcane21's Recovery Thread

OP
OP
mcane21

mcane21

Country
Australia Australia
Yeah the US firefighters all received a standing ovation at the airport. This kind of support says what sort of world we live in. Regardless of all the negative drama of late there’s plenty of Great Unselfish people out in this world that make it great. Yeah thanks I’m doing fine :) no dramas here. One day at a time. Ups and downs :)

FCBayern

graduate
Country
United States United States
The entire world has helped out with funds and plenty of support. To those affected directly this would mean the absolute world to them.
We got a message from my nephew the other day letting us know he and his intended donated to support Koalas in the name of my parents and there were now 2 Koalas named Ken and Ruby. There were no dry eyes in my house. I hope things improve there soon, living in California I can definitely relate to the destruction.

VSlowLife

post-grad
Country
Yes, we all need to help each other. One planet, despite some unfortunate “drama.” I read today the smoke from Australia is expected to circle the globe. :doh:

Mojo333 has a funny graphic about recovery ups and downs. I will learn about this myself, soon enough. :ice: and elevation seem a familiar drumbeat for recovery.

We got a message from my nephew the other day letting us know he and his intended donated to support Koalas in the name of my parents and there were now 2 Koalas named Ken and Ruby.
How touching! I will look into doing something like that.

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
You sound to be doing pretty good. You mentioned that you're still limping but trying not to use the cane so much. You really should continue to use the cane since you're still limping, it does help. And if course the good ole heel toe, heel toe walking!
We're all praying for rain to stop these fires and that when it's said and done that maybe a lot of the animals had found safe shelter. :angel:

OP
OP
mcane21

mcane21

Country
Australia Australia
Legendary! We appreciate all your support here in Aus, it truly means a lot for our future and the ones that have lost!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hello @mcane21 :wave:
A belated Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope you've been doing well over the past week. Leave us an update when you have time. Will look forward to hearing from you soon.
Have a great rest of the week! :SUNsmile:

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hope is all going well with you, @mcane2 ?
This is the time in my Recovery that I was getting cabin fever and impatient.
:oyvey:
All temporary and all well worth the down time.
Have a great rest of the week.:) :-) (:

OP
OP
mcane21

mcane21

Country
Australia Australia
Hey guys travelling all good. Had an appointment with the doc today who said the X-ray looks great. My muscles are becoming stronger meaning I can officially start exercising now. Stationary bike, elliptical will be ideal. Jeez I’ve put some beefcake on though I can tell ya! Me and the mrs leave for home on Sunday so there will be aplenty more of chilling out mixed with gym work :) I’ll most likely go back to work early March. All is well here and I hope everyone else is felling great!!

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:egypdance:
Wonderful to hear you are doing well.
I would suggest keeping your progress with activity incremental, and you will stay out of the dreaded ODIC (Overdid it Club) Just listen to your body and it will tell you when enough is enough.

Stellar Job thus far!!

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Wonderful update @mcane21 Hope your trip home is uneventful. I have same exercise routine in my sight now too. Caution you to only workout 20 minutes at most first few times. The pain usually doesn’t show up until later so take it easy. Been there, done that. Slow wins this race.

OP
OP
mcane21

mcane21

Country
Australia Australia
Yeah no worries will definitely listen to my body! Something I rarely didn’t do in the past, but you know! These things need to be done! I look forward to getting home in my our own bed, sitting in our own lounge, without an in-law in sight it’s been a long 6 weeks away but I don’t think I’ve ever said “I’m ready to go home now” after a “holiday”

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
You sound pretty darn good @mcane21 I can just imagine how happy you will be to get back to your own bed, and your comfy home.
You are sounding pretty chipper and that makes me happy for you. I won't chime in on the advice in regards to exercising, except to say I agree. :ok: You sound pretty level headed though and hopefully will enjoy a gradual return to your former buff self.

OP
OP
mcane21

mcane21

Country
Australia Australia
Hello my fellow hip hoppers! So coming
up to 7 weeks. I’m still limping. I started today on the elliptical machine 20 mins low resistance, hamstring and quad 15kg each. The thing that annoys me the most is the limp and the range of movement is still pretty stiff. I’ve sorted out chiro because my body is going through a heck of a lot of change, my physio has also given me plenty of exercises to do. The thing is I’m determined to follow this right to the end because we’ll, I have no choice. But geez I think I’m tracking quite slow. I know it’s not a race but has anyone got any feedback about the 7 week period for me? Hope your all swell!

Eman85

post-grad
Country
Don't know what exercises you're doing. At 7 weeks I was concentrating on walking. Didn't do any PT and exercises were all simple just moving my leg. Hardest exercise I did was shallow squats and leg lifts after 6 weeks.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
KateT
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom