May Marvelettes 2012 - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than 24hrs. Still doesn't seem real:DOH:

Good luck to you all and us all and see you on the other side

Nerves are now replaced with excitement as at long last it'll be the road to recovery not treading water. Looking forward to the sedation!!:loll:
 
I hear that after op pain meds will probably keep me out of communication for a while. Still scheduled for high noon tomorrow, good luck to all you May 14th partners and will see you "on the other side " :yahoo:
 
I hear that after op pain meds will probably keep me out of communication for a while. Still scheduled for high noon tomorrow, good luck to all you May 14th partners and will see you "on the other side "

:thumb: All the best!
 
39 hours and 17 mintes and counting.....................:thumb:

Less than 24hrs. Still doesn't seem real:DOH:

Good luck to you all and us all and see you on the other side

Nerves are now replaced with excitement as at long last it'll be the road to recovery not treading water. Looking forward to the sedation!!:loll:

Good luck! You both are going to do great!! :friends:

Piglet, I LOVE how you explain your nervous excitement; that pretty much sums up how I'm feeling too! :wink1:

See you on the other side!
 
Thanks for signing me up to the group! So at this time next week, I will be all done, on good drugs, and most likely will have been up and walking around several times already! As far as I know, i am first on the schedule for the day, so I am REALLY glad about that! Waiting until last as I did for my first knee in January was awful! IN some ways I wish I could do it today, but I still have things to do and most importantly...a massage to get on Saturday morning! Lucky me! Now THAT is something to look forward to!! :wink1:
 
My thoughts are with the people now post op in May. My number is real close to coming up for RTKR on Wednesday, 6:00 A.M. I can relate to the nerves and the hope that I will have two working legs under me like others have posted. I guess my one of my favorite parts about the operation is going to be being able to have an even tan. Right now I have stripes from a leg brace I wear when outside. I keep telling myself that the journey is to the destination. I have good range of motion, been doing flutter kicks for the Quads but carrying about 30 extra pounds from inactivity. Last surgery was 1986. At that time the good doctor reconstructed my knee. Same knee, now 26 years later going to get fixed again. I'll be back on the other side.
 
I am new to this forum - my husband recently contracted Septic infection in his right knee - as a result of this his knee is totally shot - the infection destroyed his cartilage in that knee - he went for a MRI last night and found out he is bone on bone - he is very worried - he sees his doctor on friday to find out what they can do - my question is does anybody have any advice or has a similar situation and can tell me if he can have a total knee replacement - any information is appreciated

thanks
 
I am new to this forum - my husband recently contracted Septic infection in his right knee - as a result of this his knee is totally shot - the infection destroyed his cartilage in that knee - he went for a MRI last night and found out he is bone on bone - he is very worried - he sees his doctor on friday to find out what they can do - my question is does anybody have any advice or has a similar situation and can tell me if he can have a total knee replacement - any information is appreciatedthanks

Hi myforte
Welcome to the forum. It is very sad your husband is having such problems but you have come to the right place for support.

Above you will find a link “Library” that contains a lot of information.

Also, if you would, please go to the Pre-Op page and start your own thread with the information you put on this post. More folks will be looking for it there and will be along soon to offer their help.

Our group is from around the world so please allow a bit of time for responses. In the meantime let me tag Josephine our orthopedic surgical nurse extraordinaire.
@Josephine:

New Thread Directions
https://bonesmart.org/forum/ho...ead-t3513.html

Essentially, you go to the Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area and there should be a "New Thread" button on the left side.
Again, welcome!
 
last day having ltkr been on my bike rode last 20 mls before op cleaned bkie put away got indoor one ready at foot of bed ready to start exercising after i get home try to get ready for our english summer i think its the 28 of july this year my be ready bye good luck to everyone richard
 
last day having ltkr been on my bike rode last 20 mls before op cleaned bkie put away got indoor one ready at foot of bed ready to start exercising after i get home try to get ready for our english summer i think its the 28 of july this year my be ready bye good luck to everyone richard

See you on the other side Ric!! :friends:
 
HI EVERYONE POSTED YESTERDAY WAS HAVING ltkr should have had on 17 cancelled having on 16 instead in hospital this morning changed waiting told to go home surgeon having trouble with someone on operating table and dont know when having my op now feel like shouting at someone hope everyone else has gone okay ricbak1
 
Kay, it would be better if you started your own thread so I and others can ply you with the heaps of information we have! It will just get lost in here otherwise! :snork:
3 time unlucky in hospital today gowned and ready then got sent home having trouble on operating table feel like shouting cancelled on 7 cancelled on 17 having done 16 instead now no date ricbak1
 
Hello Everyone, I'm having my knee surgery on this coming Friday and I think I'm over being nervous.

Hi and Welcome! You've certainly come to the right place. :friends: Wow! Someone younger than me! I too was, an am, nervous. Your surgeon will prescribe something to ease your mind now if you need it; just call them. For me, it's been a blessing. There is also a ton of really great information in the library section of this forum. BTW my Left Total Knee is in just over 12 hours from this post. :yes 4:
 
Hi and Welcome! You've certainly come to the right place. :friends: Wow! Someone younger than me! I too was, an am, nervous. Your surgeon will prescribe something to ease your mind now if you need it; just call them. For me, it's been a blessing. There is also a ton of really great information in the library section of this forum. BTW my Left Total Knee is in just over 12 hours from this post. :yes 4:

Wow, I wish the best of luck. My husband is very scared for me because he knows that I'm not the type of person that likes to depend on people to much. I think thats the hardest thing I will have to over come.
 
Well, Keya, we need to add you to the list of May surgeries. I'll do that now and then wish you good luck in your thread "MPFL enquiry" :thumb:
 
MAY SURGERY LIST
As of Wednesday, May 16th


Week 1 - Done and dusted
May 3 Kose


Week 2 - Done and dusted
May 07 RestAssured (Sonja)
May 08 Proskier
May 11 Dotty

Week 3

May 14 Bluegrove
May 14 Kfriedm (Kathy)
May 14 limpy7
May 14 Piglet
May 14 thethom (aka Spider Man)
May 15 Jmark87
May 15 Ladymayin
May 16 Richard1957 (Richard)


Up next

May 17 lonewolf121

May 18 Keya (MPFL reconstruction)

Week 4

May 21 Tygerlylli
May 21 Patob
May 21 Juditude
May 22 Teresakay (Kay)

Week 5

May 29 1ELISEA
May 31 HollyM (Holly)


Rescheduled RICBAK1
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom