May Marvelettes 2012 - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi yes booked in doncaster hospital 17 may for total knee op dont know what to expect
 
hi yes booked in doncaster hospital 17 may for total knee op dont know what to expect

That's great. Welcome to the marvelettes and congratulations on joining the busiest week

There is loads of info in the library and by reading existing posts
:friends:
 
Proskier
Good luck or tomorrow. Hope all goes well and look forward to seeing your posts on the other side
:sleepz:
 
MAY SURGERY LIST
The Latest as of Monday, May 7th @ 9pm!
​

Week 1
May 3 Kose


Week 2
May 07 RestAssured (Sonja)
May 08 Proskier
May 11 Dotty

Week 3
May 14 Bluegrove
May 14 Kfriedm (Kathy)

May 14 limpy7

May 14 Piglet

May 14 thethom

May 15 Jmark87
May 15 Ladymayin
May 17 Rickard1957 (Richard)
May 17 RICBAK1
May 17 lonewolf121

Week 4
May 21 Tygerlylli
May 21 Patob
May 22 Teresakay (Kay)

Week 5
May 29 1ELISEA
May 31 HollyM (Holly)
 
hi yes booked in doncaster hospital 17 may for total knee op dont know what to expect
Welcome RICBAK1!
If you start your own thread on the Pre-Op side, BoneSmarties will be along to say "hi". Tell us a little about yourself and any questions you may have.
 
hi having total knee replacement on 17 may dont know what to expect bone on bone both knees right the worst but suffer no pain dont know if right thing having op but cant walk to stiff loce cycling no truoble after i dont know
 
Scheduled for LTKR on May 15th. After interviewing several surgeons I found the one for me. Performs more than 300/year and also can do my hip if needed.
I was very impressed with his pre-op routine: started Iron, Vitamin C, and Zinc two weeks prior to surgery. He has a marvelous NP who will oversee my pain control "any time of day". I love Nurse Practitioners!!
So, happy surgery to everyone joining me this month.
Will post ASAP post-op'
 
Hi my name is Kay and I am having bilateral tkr on May 22nd. After years of pain and finally knowing it was time to get them done. I am excited so I can dance :yes 4:again and get in the boat to go fishing and all kinds of things I haven't been able to do comfortably for years. Everyone seems to think I'm crazy to get them both done at once. I just want them fixed. This site seems to be just what I have been looking for. Anybody have any suggestions for when I come home from the hospital? How long will somebody have to stay with me, and is that round the clock?
 
Hello Kay, how are you?
I'll add you to the list for May, you are one week ahead of me.

There are several BoneSmarties having bi TKR's and I'm sure they'll be along to say hi!

If you would please, go to the Pre-Op page and start your own thread and ask those very questions. Lots of folks here willing to help!

This link should help.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/ho...ead-t3513.html

Essentially, you go to the Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area and there should be a "New Thread" button on the left side.

Again, welcome!
 
Just a quick note to let you know, I made it! Yes, I am in pain but if you look at my post the story of my knees #998 you will see that life is wonderful! I hope that everyone has just as great experience, minus the pain that I did. My doctor is great, but there is no beating the "Greatest Physician in the World! My Lord and my Saviour Jesus Christ!)
 
:yay: ! Great look ! Spider Man is my all time Super Hero !
May Marvel "SpiderMan" at your service !




You can be a Marvel Super Hero - is there one that strikes your fancy? The Hulk, Iron Man, Spidey Man, Captain America?
 
Having TKR 17 May. Don't know what to think, no pain now, just gets very stiff. Can't walk, xray both knees bone on bone. Which knee first?
 
Count me in! My LTKR is scheduled for May 17. :yahoo: The surgeon said, "You have the knee of an 85 year old...with a bad knee." :th_heehee: I'm a bit nervous, sure, but I'm looking forward to it with excited anticipation.
 
You're in good company lonewolf121. Many others on this board are in their 30's and getting new knees so hoping this is a life changer for you!
 
Anybody have any suggestions for when I come home from the hospital? How long will somebody have to stay with me, and is that round the clock?
Kay, it would be better if you started your own thread so I and others can ply you with the heaps of information we have! It will just get lost in here otherwise! :snork:
 
Thanks very much proskier.
Have had to give in and am now off sick until my op

Gradually able to do less and less and pain increasing so on tramadol and am counting down the days until my op
Good to hear from you as its more interesting than day time TV

Also I've become a bit of a knee bore even to myself so nice to speak to others and start dreaming of life after the op and getting my life back. Can't wait to be able to get out of the house
Take care. Sounds like you're doing a grand job!
hi sounds like me having tkr on 17 may hoping to get out later in summer with caravan and bike
 
Hi Ricbak and lone wolf. Not long now. Can't wait just want to get on with it and look forward to sharing recovery stories with you all

Had my final bloods and 3rd Mrsa check today the nurse said 'you're very young to be having a knee replacement' as though I shouldn't be having one yet and could not be that bad ( my interpretation)

I replied well I'm very young to have a useless knee but I would like to have my life back and in fact know of quite a few people my age who have needed them. She was ok after that. Hurrah for this forum. I wish they would think before speaking sometimes.
 
Correction:
I thought my surgery date was May 17. I have one less day to wait for my RTKR. I report to the hospital on May 16 at 6:00 am. I am excited and apprehensive because I know of the lack of mobility for a while. The unknown "while" is what I am stuck on now. I prepped by going to the grocery and buying 15 bags of frozen peas to serve as flexible icepacks. Another posted about prunes to counter the effect of heavy meds on my digestive system. I bought 3 boxes along with two packs of dried apricots. I tried the prunes and they seem to have the desired effect on this old man. Dr. told me he would suggest an implant that has the post for a pivot. Three days and I am no longer pre-op. Thanks for this forum for pre-op people like myself.
 
MAY SURGERY LIST
As of Sunday, May 12th @ noon!


Week 1 - Done and dusted
May 3 Kose

Week 2 - Done and dusted
May 07 RestAssured (Sonja)
May 08 Proskier
May 11 Dotty

Week 3

May 14 Bluegrove
May 14 Kfriedm (Kathy)
May 14 limpy7
May 14 Piglet
May 14 thethom (aka Spider Man)
May 15 Jmark87
May 15 Ladymayin
May 16 Richard1957 (Richard)
May 17 RICBAK1
May 17 lonewolf121

Week 4
May 21 Tygerlylli
May 21 Patob
May 21 Juditude
May 22 Teresakay (Kay)

Week 5

May 29 1ELISEA
May 31 HollyM (Holly)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom