Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrying 3 pizza boxes tonight and slipped 4 inches off the edge of the concrete. Didn't fall but definitely strained my left quad. And I was feeling better today too. :(
 
Glad to see you doing so well. No more slipping please.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
@msmechanic58 Yes, no more ouchies! It wouldn't do for me to have TKRs, I am such a klutz and would probably fall right on my knee. Seems like when I get an ouchie I am always banging it on something. Take better care of yourself!
 
@msmechanic58 I searched for Kneehab and your posts came up. Normally I would read through them all, but I'm a week postop and my brain can't handle that.

I just got a call from a medical rep saying he spoke with me postop (like I remember anything right after surgery!) about my OS writing a RX for A Kneehab. He wanted to come out today to bring it to me! I don't recall my OS or his PA ever mentioning this machine. I told the sales rep it would have to wait til I could speak with them, and since it is Friday afternoon, that is not likely soon. My copay would be about $400 since I'm bilateral. Do you have any advice for me?
 
@PuppyLove I looked up kneehab and it looks like it might be some kind of electric muscle stimulator. If that is the case maybe you could use one and just alternate it. It would be useful if you had week quad muscles before the surgery.
 
@tiredwife (Great idea - Always trying to save money :idea: ) I asked the rep about just "sharing" one for both knees and he said it is right and left knee specific. My inhome PT wasn't familiar with the Kneehab; I remember seeing the outpatient PT using similar machines on knee patients. I just don't know if it is worth the investment since I will probably start outpatient PT in a week or so. I was wondering if anyone had purchased one for home and felt it was worth it.
 
@PuppyLove Are you having enough problems that would make one a necessity? A lot of people do fine without it. I think @msmechanic58 is missing in action! Probably too tired from working. You have a good evening.
 
I just read your blog that you posted above. Is that last picture your knees post replacement? I can't see any scars at all!
That is an excellent bloc, excellent picture, and an excellent point!

Knee scars tend to blend in and eventually---but not completely---disappear.
 
@tiredwife (Great idea - Always trying to save money :idea: ) I asked the rep about just "sharing" one for both knees and he said it is right and left knee specific. My inhome PT wasn't familiar with the Kneehab; I remember seeing the outpatient PT using similar machines on knee patients. I just don't know if it is worth the investment since I will probably start outpatient PT in a week or so. I was wondering if anyone had purchased one for home and felt it was worth it.

They are leg specific and I used them often for several weeks. They saved me from the muscle spasms I was having. I thought I would have a copay but I met my out of pocket maximum and they covered it all. I would recommend it after your scar heals a bit. The one patch went right over the top of my incisions.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That is an excellent bloc, excellent picture, and an excellent point!

Knee scars tend to blend in and eventually---but not completely---disappear.

Hahahaha! That is my what I want to get back to pic. I miss being out in the boat and have not attempted since surgery. No scars in that pic.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
How are you doing msmechanic58?
You will be out on your boat next summer, complete with your badges of honor.:surfer:
 
Tough week this week after I pushed myself last week. Having some pain in the right knee. Feels like a knife on the outside.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom