Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never left the ODIC! I did it to myself. Lol. Feeling better this morning but then had to go up a flight of stairs for a parent teacher meeting. Elevator was out of service. But I made it up the stairs!!!

Pain only happens when knee is not supported. Seeing pt tomorrow for deep tissue massage to keep swelling down. Will ask him.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

He will be able to sort it out for you.

Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014

Hi @msmechanic58 Sure sounds like you are doing great. I wanted to say that I saw pictures of the crocheted scarves you posted in the crafts section and printed out one of the patterns for the infinity scarf. Stopped and got some yarn last night and am going to try it out over the next couple of weeks. If all goes well, I plan to make a couple for Christmas gifts during my recovery time...once the fog has lifted and I'm able to concentrate, of course. :)

It is the pattern you used to make the red/gold and the red (you posted both pictures). I got some very pretty multi-colored yarn (a light purple & soft gray). Thought I would practice this weekend on it. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for sharing the patterns!

That sounds like a beautiful combination. I did a brown and gold one that looks like brushed bronze.
ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1414163415.685483.jpg

Has anyone ever wondered - what if this is the best I get to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, all the time. Yesterday with the low barometer, my knee and foot were letting me know they were unhappy, and I think is this ever going to get better. Then today, a high sunny sky, both my knee and foot are much happier, and I think, yes it can be better. Ever so slowly.
You are not even at the 6 month mark, still early in healing when you think about it.
Try to stay out of the #ODIC

Weather is getting cooler - days are getting shorter -- I have gained some weight - I want to exercise but it's too much with working. Blah! I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1414376176.218978.jpg

Is there enough of a change to justify the expensive scar cream? 4 weeks different.

It might have improved that much in its own. Have your PT show you how to do friction massage. Promotes healing of scars.

Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014

@msmechanic58 I don't know much about scars or creams, but my OS said to massage my scar with vitamin E oil. It was $11 at Walgreens. We will see if it helps!

My scar looks about like yours and I haven't been using scar cream. I didn't with the first knee either and though it took what felt like a long time, I wound up with just a very pale scar.

My scar seems to be fading from the bottom up, but when my knee swells all my scars seem to pop even the ones from my arthroscopic surgery. It ends up looking like some twisted Squidward smiley face.

@msmechanic58 Once again didn't get my alerts! It will fade over time, I use to use vitamin E oil on hubby's, now I just use a lotion with it in it.
Happy Halloween!
ars1106_pbsrc_com_albums_h372_pinchegato323_HAPPY_20HALLOWEEN_4176bdf495b50c6c70c42755c25d9cb1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member