Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had to take my son for some evaluations. It was 2.75 hours each way. Whew! I was in the back seat for most of it so I could stretch them straight but still.......

Yes - the sale of the company has been cleared to proceed in spite of the sanctions.
 
Great news on the job front! :egypdance::egypdance:

I think one reason that some people are not responding as readily is that the "Notification Fairy" for new Posts may have gone on strike!:happydance:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
I have just Googled "Famous People with Dyslexia". Your son is in good company and one of them (Albert Einstein) even shares his birthdate with myself! :egypdance::egypdance:

:cheers:
 
Ha!

I'm not dyslexic but I still hated school!!

On our 70th birthday celebrations five of us were asked to write a short essay on "What Grammar School was like in my day." for our old school. We did as they requested and submitted the five essays; but they didn't print a single word!

The best thing I saw was an anecdote about a fellow pupil that was witnessed by one of our number.

Hickson was forever late for school and one day the Headmaster himself was waiting at the door of the school at nine-fifteen when he wandered up the steps.

"Hickson!" the headmaster roared, "you should have been here at nine o'clock!"

Hickson, shaken out his normal state of bemused daydreaming, responded with "Why? What happened?" and earned six strokes of the cane!

Come to think of it, maybe they wouldn't want today's pupils learning such things. :egypdance::egypdance::egypdance:
 
Better late than never @msmechanic58 - but I've only just caught up with your thread. So very very pleased about your husband's company. You can really do without worries like that. I expect this weekend will feel extra good now.
Sorry the knees are painful - 6 hours in car ......... not nice.

XXX
 
@msmechanic58 I also think the "tag" fairies are slow in some areas. I get parts of posts, read posts that don't make sense until a few days later when a post "appears". Anyway it sounds as though things are looking up a little for you.
~~hopefaith
 
@msmechanic58 Good morning! I have a nephew with dyslexia, he is now a principle of a school. He had it tough for a little while, but thank goodness a teacher realized what his problem was and he got help. I think my brother is dyslexic too, but he was never diagnosed and dropped out of school, later he went back and got his GED.
 
@dogwheels - it was an enormous emotional weight. Now I can pay the bills without worry!

@tiredwife - dyslexia is very genetic. I know my husband has it and sometimes I wonder about myself. My son has moved from the moderate to mild range and his ability to pick out meaning even without all the words was off the charts phenomenal. He was post graduate level at 14 years old.

@hopefaith - I believe the two (dyslexia and emotional crisis) were strongly linked. Our world is so full of words and print that they are constantly reminded of their inabilities.
 
YAY!!!! Only 24hrs to "sit on the couch and watch football" at the start of the new season! :yay::yay:

I have practised for the four pre-season weeks .... :egypdance::egypdance:

.... and now, drinking whisky at a steady rate, I can stay awake for four whole hours!!:egypdance::egypdance:

Enjoy a pain-free and worry-free weekend with a decent sized dram of choice! :yay::yay:

Go Texans!!! :loveshwr::loveshwr:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom