Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me
still wet. Will get a new pic when it stops raining.
 
@msmechanic58

Hello, just checking in to say hello and 'hoping the your concrete is drying' and that you can rest, ice and elevate on Labor Day. And hope your knee 'ouchie' is feeling less painful.

Are you back teaching full-time or part-time ?

With BTKR in May, imagine that it is difficult being on your feet for the day.

Enjoy your Labor Day,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
When I went back it was full days. I live 30 minutes from the school and my son attends there. If I left at 12 - half day- I would get home about 12:45 and have to leave at 2:30 to pick him up. Decided I might as well stay and save my days. I am able to lay down and ice at least once most days.

Swelling is starting to go down. I didn't realize how bad they were. I can almost see my knee again. Lesson learned. :( :)
 
Looking good on the concrete! Don't worry about it getting wet after it has initially set. The wetter the better for long-term strength.

We are just back after checking out No.1 son's first foray into home owning with an apartment in Hawick, Scotland.

He managed to find a third floor granite built apartment with five separate rooms (living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom/toilet and hall) for £30,000 ($50,000) in a nice part of the town on the main street.

The apartment has been recently decorated and the price also included curtains, floor coverings, cooker, oven, fridge, washing machine, bed and sofa; all virtually new! All he had to do was unpack his suitcase, a box full of linen and some cooking utensils and he was fully installed.

Amazing! :egypdance::egypdance:

Best regards,
:cheers:
 
@msmechanic58

Can understand with your time table that leaving at 12 noon for a half day & then returning to collect your son at 2:45 would not be good for you and your knee. Great that you can lay down & ice at least once a day when at school. Having a four day week should help this week.

@Dutto
:yay: Congratulations for your son, that sounds like an amazing apartment at an amazing price !
Great first start to home ownership.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Yay!!!!:dancy::dancy::dancy:

Another challenge taken on and beaten!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
(Who as a result of this bit of information is thinking of growing a beard!!) :egypdance::egypdance::egypdance:
 
Popping in to say hello. Wow, you are doing a lot! I hope you are able to take good breaks for your knees. I am doing more of just normal stuff and my knee is gradually getting used to it
~~hopefaith
 
@Josaphine - is tramadol a medicine that your body stops responding to? I see to be having more pain each day rather than less. So confused. No injuries or falls to report. I did trip over a child's foot but this is both knees.
 
@Josephine
Can answer your question about tramadol not working. I think she will ask if you are taking Tylenol with tramadol. Just be careful to stay under the recommended dose. Also you are working and your knees are protesting


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmartĀ®
 
Hi @msmechanic58 - just thought I'd pop by and find you and the first thing I saw on your thread was that amazing building! WOW!

I am so impressed that you have returned to your teaching job and remain in total awe of all you BTKR's.

Well done with your bath side shaving success! The first time I managed to paint my toenails I was so delighted I posted a pic of them, all scarlet and shiny.

I know I am a bit late on the Bio Oil debate and don't want to rake over ........... but my PT advised me quite strongly against using it. She said in her experience, it can act as an extreme irritant. She also said why pay out a whole load of £'s for Bio Oil when any moisturiser will do the business for the incision scar. As this was quite early on she advised I used a cheap tube of OTC antiseptic cream.

Also, before you all go drinking tonic water for cramps just check the label that it actually DOES contain quinine. Not sure in US but here in UK quinine was long since removed ........... unless you know a brand that still has it @Dutto - if so, please let me know. Shame as it really adds a very definite and much nicer taste to tonic water. When we were living in Asia the tonic water still had quinine ........... perhaps it was a subliminal malaria deterrent? Just as well I drank a lot of G and T's!

Hope your pain lessens and that you still get some time for crochet @msmechanic58!

XXX
 
@msmechanic58 I think the reason you are having more pain is that you are using your knees more. Going back to work is stressing them a bit, try not doing exercises on the days you work. Working is enough of an exercise and remember you still need to elevate and ice any chance you get!
 
I can't understand it either!!!

Why would a pair of brand new prosthetic knees SIXTEEN WEEKS AND TWO DAYS OLD be causing anyone any pain? That is truly amazing!!

All the new Owner of these new knees has been doing is:

o Housework (something that women have been telling me for years is roughly equivalent to working down a coal-mine),

o Teaching (something that my teachers assured me was more stressful than clearing unexploded mines; and one of them had done both jobs),

o Helping hubby with concrete reinforcement ties (a job I know from personal experience is so easy I fell asleep in the chair every night after doing it),

o Being a "Mum" (which I am assured is akin to being the leader of a minor country but without the fringe benefits of respect and decent pay).

So, that's it!

I have to confess, that I'm just stumped as to why you have ANY pain or ANY swelling whatsoever!

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom