Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
...............

Also, before you all go drinking tonic water for cramps just check the label that it actually DOES contain quinine. Not sure in US but here in UK quinine was long since removed ..........

Er .... actually it hasn't been removed at all! :angel:

Just checked the fridge and the Freeway Tonic Water from Lidl includes quinine as one of the ingredients!

However, compared to the Tonic Water of yesteryear, there is a lot less in there than there used to be; which is why I use the Tonic Water to wash down the Quinine Sulphate prescribed by my doctor! :egypdance::egypdance:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
Am I bad @Dutto!

Given that I have infinite trust in my husband (who is a PhD Chemist) - I believed him when he said there was no quinine in the tonic any more. I was all set to abandon my Waitrose Tonic in favour of Lidl's, but having been to the fridge to check, you are 100% correct. They have snicked it in under 'Flavourings'. My profuse apologies.

I have now beaten hubby around the head, and his only defence was as you said - there really isn't enough to make a significant difference. So enjoy your supplement, safe in the knowledge that you are unlikely to contract malaria!

All this G and T talk has worked up a thirst. Cheers!

ChrisX
 
....... safe in the knowledge that you are unlikely to contract malaria!

............

Er .... sorry!

Having been to +/-24% of the countries on this planet I have been exposed to the dangers of malaria on quite a few occasions; and I've had my fair share of mosquito bites as well.:egypdance::egypdance:

However, the one bite that caused me the greatest distress was the one I got on a BA flight between Chennai and Heathrow!

I asked the flight attendant why they hadn't sprayed the plane with insecticide after take-off (as per BA and IATA regulations and procedures) and was informed that they were "serving drinks in First Class" and therefore couldn't do it.


I lodged my complaint immediately and nodded off; only to wake up with a mosquito bite on the top of my head just before we landed at Heathrow; when they sprayed the plane!

I was far from pleased, lodged a complaint at the BA desk in Heathrow before heading for home and threatened to sue them if I developed malaria or dengue fever.

Luckily, I didn't and I have to say that on ALL subsequent flights BA sprayed the cabin before departure! However, these occasions were few and far between because I switched airlines whenever possible.

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian

PS

Infinite trust in your husband??

I am on planet Earth, where are you living?
 
:blush: Huge apologies @msmechanic58 for the derailing of your thread into a discussion of tonic water, quinine and anti-malarial activity. Won't happen again ...... promise!

XXX
 
@msmechanic58
Hi,can't give you any advice on Tramadol.

Was only on a Tramadol for one dose in the hospital on day one post-op & became sick about 30 minutes later, so it was changed.

Could be like Ian @Dutto says, you are involved in so many activities and going back to teaching full- time could be one reason that the Tramadol isn't effective for your pain relief.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@dogwheels

Loving the effect that Bio-oil is having on fading my LTKR incision scar.
It was recommended by both my OS and PT and have used it after previous surgeries.

I also use it as a night time facial moisturiser, as it absorbs well and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy.

Maybe, I lucky that it doesn't irritate my skin.
At my local Chemist it quite often is on a 2 bottles for the price of one @ €12.00 ( for the 2).

Again, sorry @msmechanic58 for derailing your thread about Bio-oil,

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
I don't know how many of you are praying people but my husbands job may be in jeopardy because of the sanctions against Russia. They are trying to sell the company to an American based company but the sanctions may put a hold on that. It is owned by a Russian man. So nerve wracking!
 
@msmechanic58

Thinking of you and your husband and all the others working in the company, will keep prayers for you and all in my heart :prayer:

Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@msmechanic58 - my thoughts and prayers are with you at such an unsettling time for your family. I really hope that everything resolves successfully and the result will be one your husband is happy with.

XX
 
6 hours in the car = sore sore knees. :(
On a good note----
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me


We can breathe again!!!!
 
Hi @msmechanic58 I hope that your knees settles down. I was never able to take Tramadol. Had a very weird scary response to it. I believe you can take a higher dose of Tylenol. Read the label of course, but I think you are under medicating with that dosage. Josephine can better address that however.
~hopefaith
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom