Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my allergy shots which use the smallest needles. Both arms bled and I never bleed. I dropped out one of the Aleve doses and will see how it goes this week. The incisions have been sealed and healing several weeks. :) no worries there!!!
 
Hi there,

That looks to be a wise move as the site for Aleve ( https://www.aleve.com/faq/ ) gives:

Can Aleve be taken with blood thinners such as Coumadin?
If you are taking any other drug, talk to a doctor before use to determine whether Aleve is appropriate for you.


I take 75mg a day of aspirin and have been advised that I will need to stop taking it one week before my surgery.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
Fortunately. I am not on blood thinners at all anymore. :) the nurse told me it was probably the Aleve. It was not a lot but was unusual for me.
 
@referee54 kudos to you for biking 150 miles! That is quite an accomplishment! What is the charity? I have to giggle over pickles and "ho ho's" at the stations. It makes it sound like the organizer was pregnant.:heehee:

@msmechanic58 are your allergies worse this year or was it a maintenance shot? My allergies are much better than when I was a kid, but about every 3 or 4 years I get hit pretty hard in the fall. I'm hoping this isn't one of those years! I hope you get the bleeding issue worked out and can find an OTC pain med that works well enough for you!
 
@msmechanic58 Glad it wasn't anything serious! Lots of different drugs make your blood thinner. My allergies have been awful this year! It is all the rain we have gotten everything is still green and there is an abundance of weeds.
 
I got my allergy shots which use the smallest needles. Both arms bled and I never bleed. I dropped out one of the Aleve doses and will see how it goes this week. The incisions have been sealed and healing several weeks. :) no worries there!!!

Sorry, but the comment "Both arms bled and I never bleed." indicated to me that something had changed with regard to what you are taking as a result of the BTKR.

For me, I bruise easily since taking the aspirin and I am amazed at how such a little pill can have such a major effect on the way my body reacts to a small "bump"!

A bruise on my left forearm, caused by banging it against the bathroom door-handle, has finally disappeared after nearly FOUR WEEKS; and "I don't bruise easily." was the way I used to describe myself.

I think taking anything has side-effects and it pays to keep on top of them; which is why I commend your response. :egypdance:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
I tripped over a student's foot yesterday and tweaked my knee hard. I almost said a bad word in my classroom. Ugh. Icing and elevating still. Upped my pain pills back to the closest doses I can take. Today I was getting up from the floor and caught myself about to put weight onto my knee. Hands and knees. I was shocked that it felt so natural to move in that direction. It's been a long week.
 
@msmechanic58 I so understand Once to get up and went to get on both knees I thought I was :dead:that pain was :yikes: and felt :rolleyes: The week is over and get some rest. It is amazing how you do it without thinking I never did it again
 
Ouch on both counts!!

It's a fact of life that one makes more mistakes when tired; and that is usually at the end of a week's work.

I admire your "almost said a bad word"; my admiration being focussed on the word "almost"!!

Still no news of when I will get my CT scan but living in hope and registering all the "Do's" and "Never Do's" that keep cropping up on this Thread.

I will be signing off shortly to go visit No.1 son in his new apartment in Hawick in The Borders region of Scotland and take up some kitchen equipment.

Enjoy your weekend and don't do anything other than Ice, Elevate, Take the Meds and Relax! :egypdance::egypdance:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
Ha! I am not helping. We are paying someone to finish this concrete. It is 40x60 foot.

Double "Ha!"

When I did come off my motorbike I finished up in traction, a plaster spica and a calliper for seven months!

The accident somewhat curtailed my ability to "go running" to my Mum but it was a moot point anyway because, when she discovered that I wasn't likely to die from my injuries, she went on a two month cruise/holiday to South Africa!

"Help in abundance." but "Sympathy in short supply." is the norm in our family! :chinstroke::chinstroke:

Don't even make coffee for the workers!! The more time they spend drinking your coffee and eating your cookies the less time they have to earn the money you are paying them!:egypdance::egypdance:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian

(Off to Scotland after shower and shampoo!)
 
@msmechanic58 Good Morning, I'm doing pretty good this morning, hubby had breakfast made when I got up this morning (eggs and homemade hash browns). My allergies are awful, be glad when the cold moves in and kills off some of the Missouri weeds!
Wow, the concrete trucks are coming early! Hope they aren't late. Have a great day watching them work!
 
@msmechanic58 Time to celebrate the concrete being poured and drying!
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom