Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a quick release on my cryocuff so that I could easily get up to use the bathroom which is about the only humping around that you will/should be doing for awhile...
 
H2OPoloMom - Thanks for that. However, our bedroom is so small that finding somewhere to stand the water-bottle would be a problem; so I'm leaning towards the gel pack system and maybe get the compression gadget to help reduce the swelling.

msmechanic58 - I've not been able to do "squats" for many years due to the pain from my knees so how far have you got in the gym?

I appreciate that you will probably not be doing somersaults on the horizontal beam just yet :egypdance: but I wondered if you can do a full (or even partial) "slide-down-and-back-up" squat against the wall yet?

Whatever you do, don't overdo the gym exercises! :beg::beg:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
One thing about the gel pack that I liked is that I can and still use them after the surgery----for some bruises, muscle pulls, etc. Officiating and working where I do now at a farm can cause some bumps and bruises ---and a muscle twinge every now and then. I keep them in the basement in our freezer and they have done a yeoman's job.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
When my hubby fell 12 foot off the ladder, he swipes my gel packs for all his bumps and bruises. They are 12*18 and were perfect for his back. They also cover both my knees or wrap around one. Handy little things.
 
Thanks for all the advice folks!

I plan to go with the gel packs and get a good supply in so that, when I improve enough to travel, I can stop using the fridge in the motorhome for bottles of white wine and replace them with the gel packs!

Warm white wine isn't something to look forward to, but it gives me another incentive to recover!! :egypdance:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
@Dutto you could strap a bottle of cold white wine to your knee, pop in a straw and work on flexion to get a sip. Work smarter, not harder, right?

Great concept and one to which I would readily subscribe, especially using a very long straw! :egypdance::egypdance:

I love wine and one of the pleasures of visiting France is that every town has a place that sells wine "en vrac" which means that you can wander in there with your own 5 or 10 litre (1 or 2 gallon) can and fill it up from something similar to a petrol pump!

I accompanied a French friend when he went to buy the wine for his 60th birthday party. His order was for 120 litres of red, 95 litres of white and 75 litres of rosé. Now that's the kind of party I like to attend!!:egypdance::egypdance:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
I did some light house cleaning and a few loads of laundry. I went to the gym for an hour Saturday. Did too much weight on the leg press and having issues with swelling again. :( So yes and no....lol. How's hubby?
 
@msmechanic58 Shame on you! It is easy to get carried away on the leg press! 1st knee, day 48, hubby decided to try 95 (I think it was) lbs with just his new knee! Paid for it the next day! He is walking with cane now, only real pain is in the thigh above the knee. Getting better.
 
............ Did too much weight on the leg press and having issues with swelling again. ...........

Thanks for that.:egypdance::egypdance::egypdance:

Memos to self:

Rule 1. "Don't try to do too much!"

Rule 2. "If you think you should do more refer to Rule 1."

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
Agree with the statement. Just because you can does not mean you should.
Must be Mantra Time.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom