Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet --- they tried again last night!!!! I caught them before they did more damage though.
 
The trouble with dogs is that when they get into mischief it's difficult to chastise them!:chinstroke:

I can be annoying and many people have lost their temper with me. I take the consequences with equanimity.:whistle:

My kids were a nightmare so almost everyone who came into contact with them had "clouting rights". :shrug:

My wife can be irritating so I could well understand if someone shouted at her. :chinstroke:

However, shout at my dogs or dare to hit them? I suggest that you ring for an ambulance first!!:egypdance::egypdance:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
Checked with the OS's Secretary today re CT Scan ..... apparently he went on holiday and forgot to make any arrangements!!

I've been told not to worry as the clock is ticking and they are honour bound to make up any time that this incurs; and he returns next Tuesday.

Here's hoping as usual!!

On the subject of misbehaving this was our great-granddaughter's contribution to a happy home life yesterday!

Do you think she knows that she maybe in the wrong??

[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

The hard bit is not laughing when you catch them!! :egypdance::egypdance::egypdance:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
@msmechanic58 Hi, what projects you got going on this weekend. Concrete poured for shop yet? Hope you have pleasant dreams tonight!
 
@msmechanic58 enjoy your game! We are doing good today. Hubby's pain is down to a 3, most of the pressure and pain behind his knee cap is gone, he is walking with a cane now! I got some sleep, got 3 loads of laundry about done, and changed the sheets on the beds. Don't have to babysit again until Tuesday, so maybe I can get some stuff done.
 
Excellent! @H2OPoloMom - I won't lie! The teacher meeting week and first week were tough. I'm feeling good this week. I made it through halftime of the game and decided to listen to the rest at home. Our drive home is 25 minutes and I didn't want to have any issues.
 
Looking good; but don't overdo it.

Ask yourself, "Should ladies in convalescence be pouring concrete for a weekend pastime?" I think you know the answer!:egypdance::egypdance::egypdance:

Just paid for this seasons' NFL Gamepass (mainly to watch The Texans as we have friends in Houston). The only problem in the UK is that many of the games on the West Coast don't even start until 2am our time! On the positive side it will give me something to do if I can't sleep after the TKR operation!

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
I am a college football girl myself. Last nights game was the school I teach for's varsity team. They were not expected to be anywhere close to good enough to beat the team they played and they won 42-21.

I am NOT pouring the concrete. We will pay someone to come in and pour it. We are just preparing the "hole" by tying sticks of metal together with wire ties. It is no stress on my knees. Plenty of hamstring stretching though.
 
Thanks @msmechanic58. I looked over our meeting schedule and it looks like I'll be able to ice every few hours and if I run out, I have a few colleagues that I'm pretty sure will go to the trainer's room to get me more. My science department has already plotted a way to cover my classes if need be, but I'm fairly stubborn so I'll probably push through with a smile on my face. It may not reach all the way to my eyes the first week or so though. I have noticed some positive changes the last few days, so that's good.

Sorry to hear that the puppies caused so much trouble. I think they're made cute when they're young and stupid, so they survive events like this;) .

@Dutto, what is all the white stuff on that adorable grandchild? Whipping cream or shaving cream? You may very well get to watch those 2 am games.
 
They have to be cute to survive!

I could have worked half days but I live 25 minutes from town and son goes to school there. By the time I got home to ice, I would have to leave to pick him up. Not worth the hassle.
 
The white stuff is the Sudocrem used to prevent nappy rash. She is desperate to get out of nappies and was trying a bit of DIY apparently; though why she thought she needed it on her legs is anyone's guess!!

When you mention "icing" do you use one of these gadgets?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Compressio...on-Therapeutic/dp/B00JJDQKJO/?tag=ate362da-21

Or do you use these?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Koolpak-Reusable-Luxury-Cold-Pack/dp/B001RXNF92/?tag=ate362da-21

(I was thinking of getting four; one on, one ready in the freezer and two more in the freezer chilling down.)

I know which system is most likely to get the "thumbs up" from my good lady!:yay:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
@Dutto I have used both! The gel packs are convenient as they can go anywhere, but the cryocuff is good because it doesn't fall off when you move around or are sleeping. For a little while, you may want to consider putting a gel pack under your knee with the cryocuff on.
 
Many thanks for your input.

I have just discovered this bit of kit that seems to incorporate compression and cooling:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A2L59JY/?tag=ate362da-21

I have to admit that humping what is effectively a water bottle around is something I want to avoid and maybe it will be a better option.

I am beginning to think that the delays to my operation may be beneficial in so far as I can get fully prepared.

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom