Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

Dissolvable stitches located just underneath the skin can fail to dissolve for months.

The clue is in the word "dissolvable"! i.e. if they don't get wet they don't dissolve and just under the skin the tail ends don't get very wet.

My good lady had a cancer cut out of her cheek and sewn up with dissolvable stitches. As described by yourself, about an eighth of an inch of what looked like stiff cotton popped through her skin about eight weeks after the operation.

She refused my offer to remove it with a pair of forceps I use for removing hooks from fish and chose to wait until a nurse pulled it out with a pair of forceps about a week later.


Incidentally, the nurse commented "Oh the surgeon has made a lovely job of your scar." (happy Helen) "I can hardly see it." (happy Helen) "He did the incision by following a natural crease in your face." Oh dear!

I could hardly see the scar a month after the operation but a year later Helen was still "Humphing!!" whenever she looked in the mirror!:egypdance::egypdance:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
Well done!!

You can show off your "Diplomas" every time you wear shorts!!:egypdance::egypdance::egypdance:

Take it easy though!

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
@msmechanic58 Why haven't I gotten any of my alerts that you posted? Anyway, congratulations on your days at work and finishing PT! Darn, I fill like I missed a lot on your thread, guess I shouldn't rely on alerts! Have a great sleep!
 
@msmechanic58 Glad your first week went well! Hope the kiddies behaved themselves!? Hope you didn't swell too bad! Take care of yourself and get some sleep!
 
I am having a lot of swelling and pain because of the swelling. I hope it will settle down quickly though! My energy levels are better than Monday.
 
........... then back to help hubby with dirt work.

Er .... are there any more like you at home 'cos I've got a few mates that need a labourer!! :egypdance::egypdance:

Just remember that Sunday is a day of rest so take it.

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
When you build your own house there is no such thing as a day of rest. 1/6 of the rebar is laid out for tying.
 
Hubby is working his paying job next weekend so that's a deal! Besides, I'm only using my hands. ;)
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom