Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry to hear that you are tired and in need of "elevating and icing"! :sad::bawl:

I always try to take a siesta and that's without have the TKRs yet!! :umm:

Chin up! We are assured that it will get better as time goes by.:egypdance::egypdance:

Off to bed as it is past 2.30am here! :alarm:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian

PS
Just realised that in the USA being in need of "icing" can have negative connotations in some areas of polite society! :ice:
 
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

11 weeks plus a day! Worn out but I doubled my step count. :)
 
T A K E I T E A S Y ! !

Rome wasn't built in a day!! (Okay, I know you weren't on that particular contract but even so ..... !)

Wake up refreshed and raring to go!!:egypdance::egypdance:

Off on the bike for a 10 mile ride + a trip to the shops; in the rain if the forecast is anywhere near correct. :blackcloud:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
Nice trainers and scar starting to fade! Brilliant! :egypdance::egypdance:

The rain didn't materialise today so I got soaked from the inside of my waterproofs instead!

Early to bed for me tonight and suggest the same for you as Friday is only just around the corner!

Nite nite.

:cheers:
Ian
 
I hope you haven't posted for the simple reason of claiming back and living your life!!

Looking forward to your report of "Day One of Kiddywinks".:egypdance::egypdance:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
The kiddos return to school this morning. I'm so swollen and sore it's not funny. I'm awake waiting on the pain meds to kick in. Monday I go back to 8 hour days. Still a bit worried. It will be! Hoping to go swim some laps in the pool after morning class. Meet the sports players is tonight and I hope to go. Going to be a tough day.
 
Hi there,

I know only too well the pressures put on people to keep promises, especially when they are work orientated, but please remember that just like "A puppy is for life not just for Christmas!" your knees are also for life and not just for this month or two.

From everything I have read on the subject, what people do in the first six months after their operation can be a major factor on the success of the project and "Ice and elevate." seems to be a well practices mantra.

I have a motto for driving that can be modified for use in this instance. It goes:

"It is better to be twenty minutes late in this world that twenty years early in the next!"​

A comparable motto for knee surgery would be:

"It is better to return to work later and healed than early and cause more damage!"​

Please take it easy and best of luck at work!
:cheers:
Ian
 
Be careful on your return - your recovery could take a big step backwards if you don't look after yourself. I'm finding this stage so tricky, because I feel like we should be able to do stuff, and truth is we're not quite there yet. Good luck, and I hope all of the kiddies bring a big smile to your face, and behave themselves!! I hope you get to rest enough during the day.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Trying. :) we had a good morning! Kiddos were good and did well learning new routines and settings. I even made it up the entire flight of stairs to the art room. :) My son and I went to the gym after lunch and swam about 45 minutes. Not going to try weights yet.
 
You walked a lot glad you are elevating and icing. Hope the day went well for you and the kids. Monday will be busy.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Wow, you've been busy! Sounds like you have a good group of kids this year! If you have time, please keep updating us on how it's going as I'm heading back in 2 weeks and starting to get nervous about it. 7000 steps is amazing! Well done!
 
I think I will have a great group. One little stinker tried to challenge the rules first thing but I think we have an understanding already. :)

I didn't intend to walk that many. I did add 300 when I noticed I was so close to 7,000. ;) after my swim I'm having new aches - they are muscles u haven't used in awhile aches. :)
 
.................. One little stinker tried to challenge the rules first thing but I think we have an understanding already. :)

...........

.......... I think we have an understanding already. Don't be too sure.

I've done a lot of lecturing in my time and my motto was "Keep moving to avoid being a sitting target and never ever turn your back on the class!!"

I wasn't always perfect at school myself and when I started to take a serious interest in girls Rule 1. of the all-boys school I was attending stated:

"The boundary between this school and St Margaret's School For Girls is out of bounds."​

My plea that I had been caught inside St. Margaret's School and was therefore nowhere near "The boundary" cut no ice and I got six strokes of the cane for my adventure!!

Incidentally, don'tcha just love the phrase "strokes of the cane"? There was no "stroking" involved when they caned you at that school. On another occasion four out of the six "strokes" bled; this was through underwear and a pair of trousers!

My somewhat Pyrrhic victory was that Rule 1. was changed by the next Term and stated:

"The grounds of St Margaret's School For Girls are out of bounds."​

Enjoy the weekend and take it easy.

Remember, all the work will still be waiting for you tomorrow and the day after and the day after and ..... !:egypdance:

Best regards,
:cheers:
Ian
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom