Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, I won't know what 9 weeks looks like for another six and a half weeks. I had my second TKR 8 weeks after the first so did not have the opportunity to test the magical 9 week sleep through the night bit.

How are you @msmechanic58? I have not been getting your alerts so sorry that I have not checked in for a few days. Looks like I missed a big milestone. LOVE THE PUPPIES!!! Congratulations! Lily's ears are adorable. So wonderful that they are from the same litter as well. They will be a good size based on the breeds they come from. I would figure, 70-85 pounds if they are both girls. Is that what you are expecting. Please keep posting pics of them!

You start back at school in 3 weeks???! We don't start until after Labour Day. Will you be able to ease into it or will you start back full time on day one? Hope you will be ready for it either way.

Chat with you soon.
 
We live out in the country so big is what we wanted @71Beetle. I go back to work on Aug. 6th and the kids come back on the 8th. My while summer has been rehabbing.

Hurting today. Not sure why. Hope it is not from pups bumping into me.
 
Icing off and on today and trying to be still definitely over did it the last several days as I am swelling. I also had 60 pounds on energy crash into the side of me when I was standing. :yikes: I was braced and ready for impact and it didn't hurt when they did it.
 
@msmechanic58 that is something I wish my daughter would have taught her dogs! One is about 60 lbs mix breed, the other is an over 100 lb bernese mtn. dog. Needless to say Hubby hasn't been over there since his surgery. Oh, and believe it or not they are house dogs!!!!!
 
Sounds like you're feeling the love, literally, puppy love. My brother's dogs, golden retrievers, were tail thwapping happy to see me today. I took a couple good thwacks to the knee, but it's a far cry from your puppy love. Have a good night!
 
That is why when we go over to my daughters, I will call ahead and have her put them in the downstairs.. They throw their whole body at you, jump, and when you sit down they try to jump in our laps. Not good for new knees. I worry about them running over my grandson (3 year old) but they aren't that way with him.
 
No dogs here although I'd love to have them someday - especially one with ears like Lily's! But yesterday one of my 15-lb. cats jumped off my lap and managed to hit both incisions in the process. Ouch! Luckily they're not quite as tender now (8 weeks post-op) so it was not too bad - just a moment of pain and then I was fine.
 
@LauraLeigh Funny you said that about your cat! My husband is behind you 1 day (only one knee though) and today our 16 pounder (british shorthair) jumped right on my husband's incisions, luckily the claws missed it! They use to be so cautious at first!!
 
I have a Golden Retriever that is gentle but rambunctious and if he hits me it is right at knee level, whether it is his head, body or tail. I am still cautious around him because of the years I had to avoid him before the surgeries.

@msmechanic58 Good luck going back to work. It does not sound like you will be transitioning into it but going full time from the get go. How will you ice and elevate during class time?
 
I teach Prekindergarten so they have 1.5 hour nap time that I can elevate and ice. May have to take my kneehab tens pads as well. I can leave at half days if needed but these little guys need to have some stability from the beginning. Besides, I can't stand not having control. Lol

PT today and went past 120 on both knees. :) it's getting easier every time.
 
My mom asked me today if I'd be starting the school year on time. I tried to explain how the first couple of weeks sets the tone for the rest of the year. You're right about the stability piece, and it's just as true for high schoolers as it is for pre K. For the first time in 4 or 5 years, I have conference in the middle of the day. Guess who's got time to ice.

Yeah for 120+!
 
DOMS major today. We road 2.5 hours to a funeral yesterday. Hung around with family for 4 hours. Visited another cousin, went to Sam's Club, and drove home. I'm so sore!!!!! The tens machine settled the pain and I was ably to get all the swelling down overnight. My muscles feel like I have run a marathon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom