Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
@msmechanic58 Just saw the puppy photos. I agree - love the ears! Also saw your latest photo on badges of honor, looking good and love that they are knees not blobs. Have a great evening!
 
Pups got into some trouble yesterday
.
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

They decided my giant fern made a good natural bed. 8-0. They are so cute but so full of energy. They are working on losing baby teeth so he thought they were closer to 4 months than 5.

Still feeling a bit achy but not asu h this morning. Haven't turned on the light to check swelling yet. I've declared this a no work - rest day. I've been enjoying the sweet little pups and walking way more than I was.
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me


They got a good bill of health yesterday at the vet and he said if they make it through Tuesday with no illness symptoms we should be all clear. The incubation of some diseases they could get in the humane society is 7 days. :( more worry.

My son and husband do help me with my classroom. It is mostly done. Need to take all my personal things back and load bookshelves. They added more outlet plugs to my classroom so now I'm contemplating arrangement. :). I get my class list of students Monday. :)
 
@msmechanic58 With pets we learn somethings just aren't important. There are always more plants. I had to put lava rocks in all my house plants to keep the cats from laying and digging in them. Glad they are doing well, and you are too. Everybody needs ice, elevation, do nothing days. Enjoy yours.
 
Hi @tiredwife. Do the cats not like lava rocks? Another thing I learned here. I have been watching The Notebook and now have to go to a baby shower! I'd rather watch the movie - I am such an introvert perfect for a tkr recovery. I can't wait until my other knee is done, I am recovered and can get another puppy or rescue. Thanks for you both sharing the pet love!
 
@Jozilla animals on a rule don't like it because it is uncomfortable to walk or lie on. Dogs usually won't dig in it either, that is why it is great for flower beds if you have a dog, have to put it down pretty thick though. I'm not a social butterfly either. Usually our social life is a few friends around the fire pit, or a quick visit. Sometimes a bunch of us do go camping at the same time. Some of our friends' campers are amazing - fireplaces, recliners, etc. We don't want to tow anything that big so ours is a lot smaller, but perfect for us. We have desided no more dogs after my daughter's dog died, if we go somewhere they have to be boarded, with the cats, we have extra litter pans, and huge feeders and waterers, so we just have a friend check on them once in a while. Dogs have to be walked, and let out to use the bathroom. If we didn't want to travel more when we retire a dog would be good.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wellllllll.......I couldn't stand it. I did some arm weights on the weight machine and the decided to take the pups for a walk. They had never been around the trail before so we went. It's about .75 a mile. Now they are altering and I am icing.
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me
 
@tiredwife - ours stay home when we travel but we rarely travel. We have 15 acres of land that adjoins about 300 more our neighbors own. They are outside dogs and have a self feeder and an acre pond. :) these are kenneled right now until they stop eating everything they can find and learn the boundaries.
 
@msmechanic58 We plan to retire in a little Oregon coast 55+ community, not big yards or houses to have to maintain when we get older. Not a good place for dogs. Our son and daughter in law live outside Tacoma WA, our daughter, grandson, and son in law live in Missouri. My mom and sister are in Arkansas, his mom, sister, and one brother is in TN, and his other brother is in Florida, my 2 brothers are in Idaho, so we plan on doing a lot of camping over the years visiting family not to mention all our friends from all over because of our military life.
 
Are you able to sleep some yet? I am not: too restless all night long. My RTKA was 5/19/2014 too. I use Ambien, but it does not help much. ZZZZZZZZZ
 
@Highpointer42 My husband still has trouble sleeping. He is frustrated because he can see no reason for it. Not pain, not discomfort, can't figure out what it is. He is going to try Ambien after his second TKR when he is done with the pain pills before he goes back to work.
 
Are you able to sleep some yet?

My husband still has trouble sleeping
That was, without a doubt, the most frustrating aspect of my BTKR recovery---and I began to dread night time. I would wander around the house looking for a place to get comfortable---it was not that I was in pain, but I could not get comfortable---I would fall asleep for a short time, then I would wake up and stay awake.

I ended up wandering around th house---most of the time I would end up pulling the futon mattress to the floor and crashing there.
 
@referee54 If a person can find out what works for you all to sleep they would be a hero and their praise would be sung for ever! We crossed chamomile tea off the list last night.
 
I think it was about 9 weeks before I was able to sleep well. Ambien made me sleepy, but I still couldn't sleep. Tried numerous things and eventually just had to wait it out. Sleep will cone, it just takes more time than you think.
 
I think it was about 9 weeks before I was able to sleep well. Ambien made me sleepy, but I still couldn't sleep. Tried numerous things and eventually just had to wait it out. Sleep will cone, it just takes more time than you think.

Sleenie:
I'll be at eight weeks tomorrow and just renewed my Ambien prescription. Come on, sleep !!!
 
@Highpointer42 You lost a week you will be nine weeks tomorrow, maybe you will be like sleenie and the ninth week will be the begining of your sleep. Hope it works for you!
 
@Highpointer42 You lost a week you will be nine weeks tomorrow, maybe you will be like sleenie and the ninth week will be the begining of your sleep. Hope it works for you!
OMG, I lost a week on the calendar and a month or two of sleep. Thanks for keeping me on track. Good day today, since I was actually walking a short distance on a hiking trail.
 
@Highpointer42 LOL, I have a hard time knowing what day it is! Without my husband going to work monday through friday we would be lost if it wasn't for the date reminder on the computer. Must be doing good to walk on a hiking trail.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom