Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your son sounds like he knows the value of hard work and how to save money. That's so awesome! My youngest is the, hmmm, black sheep of the family. She is super strong willed and a much greater challenge than my first 2. For a long time, my husband and I used to wonder if she would choose to use her power for good or evil. The good news is, she is choosing good! This past year at parent teacher conferences, her teachers raved about what a good person/student she was. In one of her classes, she was consistently placed next to a boy with Asbergers because she was the only one who could tolerate his antics without it disturbing her studies (she has an older cousing with Aspergers, so she kind of knows the drill). One of her other teachers asked if we had more children coming because she was such a 'delight.' When she was about 5, she had 2 boyfriends: Darth Vader and Bob ( our vacuum cleaner). She's a hoot for sure!

I think they mostly check with the vet to make sure the dog will get his vaccinations and good care. We went through this process this spring to adopt 2 senior dogs and we don't have a fence either, but were approved. The rest of that story is for another time, but you should be fine! Good luck with Jerry and I hope to see pictures soon:)

Based on your posting time, you must have had a night similar to mine...
 
So sad to hear about your bad run of luck with the dogs :(, I really hope the Pyranees X come through for you. I'd be terrified having my dogs without fences, we are on 20 acres - but both of our neighbours have sheep, and I have 3 Great Danes!!! Unless we are with them, there are always 2 fences separating them from the outside world :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
No go on the puppies. The lady who runs the organization thinks they should not be working dogs. :/ ummmm......that's what the breed does...... But ok then. Looking elsewhere.
 
ODIC!!!!!! :( :( :( I was moving from 11am to 9pm. Can't get the pain in control. Ugh.
 
I think I"m a bit with you today. I did food shopping, then bank stuff, then visited mum came home and did end of day chores. Fell asleep at 9pm, but midnight and I'm awake and sore!!! Its a fine balance as we're starting to get better - it does feel good to be able to do things though :). I think we almost need a pedometer with an alarm or timer -"beep beep beep overdoing it now, sit down please beep beep beep" :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Funny you should mention about the pedometer.... I have one that encourages me to be an overachiever....lol. I have a step goal set and it lets me know when I've reached it. The cheers when I go over it. Lol. It's made by fitbit. I went to pt 3 hrs), went to PCP to get allergy shots, was starving so stopped at Mexican restaurant, stopped to get gas but had ds fill it up, came home took a shower, rested for about 30 minutes, and then went to BUNCO at a neighbors. Lots of up and down and changing tables and sitting at BUNCO.
 
Despite joining the ODIC, I'm impressed that you managed to make it through all that! What's BUNCO?
 
Hi @msmechanic58 - you are definitely a member of the ODIC. What a crazy busy day. Sounds like you had a good time though! I am curious about what BUNCO is as well. I think @H2OPoloMom has a good idea with an alarm telling us to STOP when we hit a certain point. Do you like your FitBit? Is it you that said that it has a sleep monitor on it as well?

How is the search for a new dog going? Sorry that the last try did not work out. I do hope you find one soon. Will you focus on the one breed? It would be nice to allow your chickens to roam again for sure.

It is awesome that your son has a retirement plan already. I always recommend that to my boys. My middle one is the only one that listens to me. I think my oldest is getting the picture because we just paid for his first semester of school through a Registered Education Savings Plan we set up when he was born. When we were discussing it, a bit of a light bulb went off in his head and he said he definitely will do that for his kids as well. Used this as a perfect time to discuss his own savings. Then he asked to borrow money for a concert he wants to go to . I guess it did not sink in too far! :)

Hope you are doing okay considering everything that is going on with you. "Chat" with you soon!
 
We did an amortization of 6000 over 50 years and he learned it would turn into close to a million by the time he turns 65. He was all in then.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@71Beetle and @H2OPoloMom - BUNCO is a dice game that is a great ladies night out. We take turns hosting between 12 ladies. We have snack and drinks and play several rounds. You count 6's that you roll as points and trade tables after every 4th round. It's lots of fun with my neighbors. :)
 
Definitely! I had one neighbor who was sad at Christmas time because all her family was moved away. That's what prompted me to get them all together. We had 2 new ones move in and it was a good way to introduce everyone. Now the girls if some of the ladies come and sub for us. So nice to have 3 generations of women together. :)
 
@71Beetle - here's the answer to the dog search. Dixie and Alex have definitely bonded already.
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

And Lily with her big ears. :) they are 5 months old and Black Lab and German Shepherd mixes. They are from the same litter.
 
The kneehab rep came out to the house last night to make sure I had them fitted right and answer questions. After talking to him I bumped the electricity levels up. Now it helps the pain and muscle spasms. I was ready for them this morning.
 
The puppies are ADORABLE! Lily' s ears are a hoot:)

Two thumbs up for the kneehab rep, so glad you have it figured out so that it works for you!
 
Swollen and achy. 120 and 125 ROM. 3 more weeks of pt and then back to school. I need to start working on my classroom.
 
Your ROM is looking good, but I'm sorry to hear that you're swollen and achy (swollen and burning here). Does your son ever help setting up your class? I can usually bribe my kids with lunch at a local pizza buffet. When I say local, I mean to my school not my home, so it's the only time they get to have it. They even have a macaroni and cheese pizza which is surprisingly delicious. I have 5 weeks left and have not done nearly enough work on my Bio class. I really don't want to spend every weekend planning this year, so I better find some motivation soon.

Hopefully, you're a little more comfortable now and can get a good nights sleep!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom