Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
They changed it about 5 years ago. I honestly think it was to have the high schoolers be available to work and extend the tourist season.
The folks around Sandusky (Cedar Point) and Cicni (King's Island) think the same way---tourists and vacation time.

My idea has been that the football team is there, the boys and girls soccer teams are there, the girls volleyball teams are there, the marching band, cheerleaders, and cross country teams are practicing---so begin school.

I liked getting out as close to Memorial Day as possible--once the kids in HS have a Memorial Day picnic, the school year, for them, is shut down.
 
I've been dealing with muscle spasms too, but they truly feel more like contractions of the knee. I hope it works! Are you only having trouble with the one leg? Strange how that works.

Spasms are in both quads. I have two Pads and one controller. It is supposed to help with pain in general. We shall see!
 
They have a great little park at Sandusky!!!

The companies on the coast are lobbying hard to get ours moved back to closer to Labor Day as well.
 
Interesting how important 'what's best for students' is until economic interests become more important... I am serious when I say, regardless of who is promoting what new/old reform idea, just follow the money. I am jaded, I know, but when reform is being backed and designed by companies that will profit from either curricular changes (publishers, etc.) or privatization (online & charter, and administrative businesses), you just gotta wonder if the fox isn't in the when house. . .

No matter. . . We start after Labor Day this year, but in the past have started the week before. Our district tries to keep to a calendar that ends the year before mid-June, too. Still seems like it isn't enough. . . Yet set the same time seems so long. . .

:-\


Ollie. LTKR June 10, 2014
 
If we were doing what was best for students and families, we would all be year round. We are still following the farming schedule from hundreds of years ago.
 
I hope the new TENS machine helps you @msmechanic58. That is a fancy piece of kit you have. Did you rent it or buy it? I do think a TENS machine can be used for other injuries or pains in future so it could be a good investment.

I saw in another thread that you said your youngest is 14 (?). How may children do you have? Girls or boys? Do they go to the same school where you teach?

@referee54 - that is so cool that your son will be teaching at the same school you taught at.

Our school year starts the Tuesday after Labour Day and goes to the end of June for grade school high school is finished a bit earlier because of exams. Christmas break is two weeks and March Break is one week. There are at least 4 PD days and we usually average 2-3 snow days every year (the schools stay open but there are no buses so nothing is really taught as it would all have to be repeated anyway). Our boys love snow days as does my hubby as he drives a school bus. I am the only one in the house that needs to "weather the storm" to get to work on snow days.

Well, hope you all have a great weekend! No chance of snow with the heat we have been having. :)
 
I think they are mine to keep. The only problem with using them else where is the pads are stuck on in knee formation. I could tell a difference after one use. The pain and tightness above my knee was gone. The left one caused some spasms. May have had it set low or high. I wish I had 2 controllers. We'll see if the spasms start tonight as I relax.
 
I think I will check out a TENS machine. When I go to my private physiotherapist, she uses the TENS as well as ultrasound and acupuncture to help ease muscle pain and bring down swelling. I always feel a difference afterward, even if she only used the TENS.

If I am to invest in one, I would want one that I can use on other parts of the body as well as the knee. Where did you get yours @msmechanic58?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have a very small TENS machine - a little portable one, that I have used prior and post surgery. I think they are great. I use it on my back at times as well. The one you have there looks fantastic @msmechanic58
 
@referee54 - that is so cool that your son will be teaching at the same school you taught at.
Not only the same school, but in the same room. he also had me for two classes, too, so now he will be teaching in the room that I had for 34 of my 37 years. He is very happy and excited!
 
If I am to invest in one, I would want one that I can use on other parts of the body as well as the knee. Where did you get yours @msmechanic58?
The OS had a company call him about trying these. He also is the OS for our local University. I am his guinea pig to see if the football players would benefit from this machine and be able to return to the field sooner. It's from a company in New Jersey called NeuroTech.
 
Not much sleep for me last night. So tired now. I had to put my other dog to sleep yesterday. :( that's two this week. So sad. :(
 
OMG @msmechanic58. I am sooo sorry for your loss. Were your dogs sick? I imagine you did not have a lot of sleep with all that you are going through. Please know that you are in my thoughts. xoxo
 
They got into some poison we think. My big dog was a mouser and I think he may have caught a poisoned mouse. He was so pitiful yesterday. :(
 
@msmechanic58
Popping in to say hello!
I haven't heard of Demerol used for a long time. I am dropping my last narcotic very slowly. I hate the emotional side effect. Some people don't want to give them up because they feel so good! Not me.

I have been doing more stairs leading with my right knee! That is new for me. You can do stairs pretty easily?
I have started doing upper body weights and that feels so good again. No lower body weights, just all my knee stuff.
So does ice just aggravate the muscle spasms? What causes them? Do you know? Sounds very painful and hard to deal with. I hope the new dose works.

~hopefaith
 
They got into some poison we think. My big dog was a mouser and I think he may have caught a poisoned mouse. He was so pitiful yesterday. :(

So sad. They will be watching over you now. Your kids must be devastated too. Thinking of you. :sad:
 
My son doesn't know yet. He's been a church camp all week. :( he's on his way home now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom