Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got in too big of a hurry. Just made me irritated that hubby thinks I am not even trying. He did try to catch me. Lol :)
 
I think it has been frustrating for my DH too. Though he is the first to slow me down if he thinks I am pushing too fast.
 
Moving furniture? Sounds like something I would do. Please tell me it wasn't a couch...
 
I know this drill! Sort of danged if you do, danged if you don't.

Kim has gotten gently impatient with me if I've not done my stretches/walks or whatever based on her timeline. Of course when I try to do a bit more, like carry things to the kitchen or up/down stairs I get gently scolded. Makes me grumpy!!




Ollie. LTKR June 10, 2014
 
Moving furniture? Sounds like something I would do. Please tell me it wasn't a couch...

Definitely not a couch! I teach preKindergarten and it was a stack of chairs for my classroom. I also carried two child size rocking chairs. And maybe a rolled up rug. ;)
 
You are a brave, brave woman teaching prekindergarten, bless you for that! When does your school year start that you were already working in your classroom? I was planning on going in today to work on some curriculum, but my need to be no more than 20 feet from my cryocuff prevented it.
 
Teacher work days start August 7th. Hubby was off and we had an hour to kill before pt. :)

When do you return?
 
Teacher work days start the week before Labor Day. Michigan law says we can't start school until after Labor Day. I have another 1 year only new prep, so I need to get together with some other teachers and update curriculum and this is the 2nd year in a row of a new schedule which changes things up too.
 
We usually get out 2 weeks after Memorial Day. This year several school districts in my area went until mid June because of snow days. We had 8 days, but there were some that were well into double digits. It was quite a winter!
 
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me
I got my tens unit in for muscle spasms. Will see how it works tonight.
 
I've been dealing with muscle spasms too, but they truly feel more like contractions of the knee. I hope it works! Are you only having trouble with the one leg? Strange how that works.
 
Michigan law says we can't start school until after Labor Day.
Wow---my son just was hired to teach SS at the high school that I retired from---their first in-service days are the 18th and 19th of August---they then have an off day and school starts the 21st.

The thinking is a little different down here in this part of Ohio, I guess. the earlier we start, the earlier we finish. I have a friend who completes the school year before Memorial Day every year.
 
@referee54 We used to start around mid August and it was a nice way to get back in the swing of things (3 day week then two 4 day weeks around the holiday). They changed it about 5 years ago. I honestly think it was to have the high schoolers be available to work and extend the tourist season. I'm not sure that anyone has ever checked to see if it works. The only schools that are exempt are the year rounders and there are not too many of those.

I'm really starting to think that knee problems are a teacher job hazard. I have 2 coworkers that have new knees pre-50, and one has both hips replaced (also pre-50).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom