Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife - they did fine. I sat in the back seat with the propped on pillows. My 14 year old son loved that arrangement cause he likes the front seat. Lol

We both have been getting allergy shots for years. Unfortunately, the shots don't work for food allergies - just for inhalants. We are lucky that he only had 3 food allergies and has outgrown two of them. :) his wheat was exercise and heat triggered. That made summers in Mississippi quite difficult.
 
I am in the ODIC big time today. It was a very busy week and now I cannot hold my eyes open. Nap time here I come.
 
Dropping the aspirin today. I guess I am passed the danger zone for blood clots. I also drove today with little issue and just a few twinges. :)
:yay:
 
I trudged my way through pt today. My left knee is really protesting. In bed with ice on again. I thought I had an infection started in the leg but I discovered three on the internal stitches working their way out. Tugged them and got them out I hope. I shall take a nap now. Pt tomorrow as well. I feel so discouraged today. :(
 
My left knee is really protesting. In bed with ice on again.
That is how I spent my Sunday, discouraging to say the least. Be sure to follow the manta, you knee with thank you and tomorrow will be better. :sleep:, :ice:,:elevate:. and :chillpill: on schedule.
Tell the PT about today, and have them go easy tomorrow.
 
He went easy today. haha! I think I really did too much last week with a 7 hour trip and driving twice. My knee hasn't settled back down yet.

The nurse just called and said the OS is wanting me to start cutting back on Demerol since it is so addictive. I've been at every 6 hours this past week and am feeling pretty crappy. If I cut back I'll have to cut back on moving as well. I will definitely need something for pt days. Ugh. I have a pain management dr ready to help if need be. :)
 
I would book in with the pain management doctor sooner than later. It will be best to have the tools you need to manage the pain before you start weaning off of the Demerol. I would be interested to know what tools the pain management doctor gives you.

Take care and make sure you follow the mantra as @Pumpkln mentioned above.
 
I decided to try a little biofreeze on the tight muscles. It seems to have helped on the sides of my knees. I think the quads are so tense it's going to take awhile to loosen them and settle them.
 
I have heard of Biofreeze but have never tried it. What does it do?
 
It's a cold therapy gel. I used it before surgery on muscle aches and pains from weight lifting. I also used it on the knees for awhile until the bone on bone was too much. I could take a bath in it tonight.
 
The company that I represent as my second job has a gelee that works well on joint pain. Sounds like it is similar. I use it on my knees all the time. It is good for sunburns and hot flashes too :)

Have a great night!
 
Is it volteran? My sister was suggesting that one. She can't do cold therapy because of muscle spasms.
 
Spasms hanging out again and the heating pad died. :( Got up drank 12 ounces of water and stretched my quads. Now to sleep I hope. :)
 
@msmechanic58 I too am a bit discouraged about my progress. I have had to sit a lot in the past few days (some elevation/ice) and I am exhausted. My knee is swelling on the outer lower side. I feel as though I have had a big back slide....so frustrating. So where are your muscle spasms? What helps? Hope today is much better!

~~hopefaith
 
Finally gained some range of motion again. :) ready for a nap now.

I have a new heating pad and am ready for the day. OS wants me to take half doses of Demerol to start cutting back. Makes me nervous but we shall see.
 
The new heating pad worked great. Half dose was ok too. I slept from 11-3 and woke up. Took next round of meds and visited the bathroom. When I laid back down the spasms started. Hubby set up the heating pad and within minutes I was back asleep and slept until 6. Spasms had started again. Went to the bathroom and then laid on my stomach and pulled my calf up to stretch my quads. Finally felt it relax. I'm going to try and sleep again. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom