Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a long time to be in the car. And then grocery shopping and visiting family...you must be tired! Hope everything went okay with your son's allergies.
 
Good news with the allergies. He's outgrown his wheat and soy allergies. He is still reactive to milk. :)

I am still tired and swollen. I wanted I cancel therapy today but I'm hoping it will help loosen and stretch me back out. I sat in the back seat with my legs on the seat most of the time. However, Alabama is very hilly!!! Fell asleep without even a thought of a shower. Hope I'm not too stinky at pt. ;)
 
Walking on stiff knees whoa oh
Walking on stiff knees whoa oh
It's bound to feel good! Whoa oh

Lol. 3 hour trip one way to the allergist this morning. I slept a good while in the truck after the nausea meds kicked in. I stretched out in the back seat. :). Waiting on son to have skin test and then will visit family. The a 3 hour trip home. Whoa oh!
More like:
Rubber band man
Rubber band man
 
So true @JustJeff!

Hi @msmechanic58 - happy to hear that your son's allergies are doing better. It is so difficult with wheat allergies.
Congratulations on a better ROM.
Have a great weekend!
 
Two off the wall questions......

I know everyone is different but when did you start cutting down pain meds? And when did you start driving again?
 
I started cutting back gradually three weeks ago. Now, I take one oxy when I get up in the morning and then maybe one or two tramadols through the day depending on how I feel. At my first post op visit to take out my staples, which was at exactly two weeks, I was surprised to be released to drive. I fully expected to have to wait another week at least. I haven't had to many issues driving. Every once in a while, my knee will feel like its in an awkward position on the gas pedal which will hurt a little. I know that most people have to wait a lot longer to drive. As I have said before, I know my recovery hasn't been typical.
 
I started driving 2 weeks ago (4 wks post op) with the instruction from my PT to stay in town - no driving out of town. At first my biggest challenge was getting in and out of my car. Now it's a little harder getting out. I have no pain when I'm driving. I really only drive to PT and home. As far as meds, I had to quit taking Percocet at about week 3. It just did not work for my body - vomiting & constipation. Did work great on the pain tho. Since then I've been taking 1000 mg Tylenol 4x/day and just a week ago started adding 1-50mg tramadol with that. I don't always get up for my middle of the night dose tho.
 
I was driving (with OS permission) at 3 weeks, after I was off heavy meds during the day. This trip to Ventnor city (2.5 hours) was my longest trip so far and I didn't have any problem.
 
@msmechanic58 It is a bad allergy season here - hope your son can do the shots. I heard about a shot that is like an antihistamine that you get once every so often. I need to check into that.
Hope your legs do fine on your trip! Ankle pumps!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom