Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just said "I don't think you understand how much pain this causes." He's got a lot going on. I feel guilty because I cannot help him get things done. He was fine after he talked to the gravel truck driver. We've been trying to get foundation soil for his shop for 6 months! Today it started raining and he was worried they wouldn't make it.
 
Woke up to pretty severe quad cramping. I really don't want to go get ice but I guess I need to. Next meds not due for an hour. Hoping they switched me back to Demerol. Ugh.
 
The good news is that you are progressing well and are almost over the hump. I wasn't a happy camper after a month, but now, at almost three months, I'm all smiles. Hang in there. The worst is almost over.
 
I had to remind my family that I was still recovering this week as well. Its a normal thing here - the minute I do something for myself, they resort into thinking I'm all back to normal. I'm lucky that it just took a small kick in the bum!!! LOL Im encouraging my husband to go back into the office as of next week to try to get some normal back. Its really hard to balance trying to get back to normal slowly - and expectations of others. Its the time to be selfish though.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Trying hard to be patient today! Tv guys are here swapping my satellite over to cable. Electronics have spewed everywhere in my house. Ugh.
 
House is back together and all tripping hazards are gone.

Even better news is the pharmacy had Demerol in again so pain levels are down to a 1-2. So glad!

Have to go pick up son tonight after youth group trip. Hubby is working so I will have to drive in. It's about 12 miles and mostly highway so I can set the cruise control. I'll leave early so I can take my time.
 
Woot! Woot! I drove today! My son has been working with the youth group since Sunday. They got home a little after midnight. I wasn't going to ask a neighbor to stay up to get him so I decided to try it. I left early and took my time. I had one issue on the way home where my knee caught when moving to the break. I had slowed down very early do I had plenty of time. Not ready to drive in traffic though. ;)
 
When I got up this morning my calves were unhappy! Not sure why but possibly from sitting so long waiting on son. At pt this morning and hopefully they'll be nice to me. Lol
 
it's a lot less fun to be the one recovering
Ain't that the truth????

You're hubby needs to be patient 'cause you're still early in your recovery. My OS reminded me yesterday - a year to 18 months for complete healing. Nobody really prepares you for the extreme amount of patience this recovery requires on the part of everyone involved.

Hang in there . . .
 
hang in there - I swear the WORST time of my recovery was when a migraine hit on my day of discharge. You need your head to be able to keep positive and focus on things other than your knee and pain. A bad head makes you feel like you lose control of being able to handle it all. Hoping that you get the migraines under control!
 
It sure is a long recovery process, but the good news is that the worst pain and discomfit is over relatively quickly. You're doing fine in a very short time.
 
Now I'm laying in the floor with my feet on the wall allowing gravity to slide my feet down. Not sure I'm going to get up ....lol. I get so tense at the end of pt that I won't stretch them.
 
Well I made it down to the floor. Let gravity flex my knees. Then was able to get up on my own. It wasn't pretty but I did it.
 
Sorry to hear about your migraine - hope you feel better soon. Good job with the driving too. I have not tried it yet and will not bother now until my right TKR is done. Take care of yourself!
 
Walking on stiff knees whoa oh
Walking on stiff knees whoa oh
It's bound to feel good! Whoa oh

Lol. 3 hour trip one way to the allergist this morning. I slept a good while in the truck after the nausea meds kicked in. I stretched out in the back seat. :). Waiting on son to have skin test and then will visit family. The a 3 hour trip home. Whoa oh!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom