Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is my head that is spinning! As long as I don't become possessed as well I think I'll make it through the night. Slept 2 hours straight. Lol
 
Ouch! What exactly did she do to your scars? I've been putting Aquaphor on my incisions and GENTLY massaging it in twice a day. My OS said that his dermatologist wife would approve of that. I also massage next to the incisions (with Aquaphor or any lotion) in little circles for a couple of minutes on each leg several times a day. I'd be afraid to let anyone else touch them because it is so sensitive there.
 
called astim. It massages the area with cocoa butter and small tools that massage the scar. She rubbed over it and around the knee. It feels back to normal this morning.
 
Another small victory- I was able to give hubby a haircut today. Poor guy was so shaggy! Made it through and he looks pretty even. Hahah!
 
I've heard of astym therapy; I even asked my pain management doctor about it once but she wasn't familiar with it. I'm glad you felt better in the morning!
 
She said it brings more blood to the area which helps to reabsorb some of the "stuff" that creates scar tissue. The ridge in my left leg seems a little free-er. Today has been a good day other than feeling tight when trying to straighten. I declared it a rest day. I made it 2600+ steps today too. Feeling pleasantly tired and hope to sleep well. :)
 
I just read your thread msmechanic58. You are doing wonderfully! There is nothing like a good night's sleep!! Healing mercies, may they be yours. : )


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Glider bench on my large front porch. Much better than a cpm machine! :)
 
My regular therapist was back today so it took a bit longer to get trough everything. They were covered up with people. I was wiped out when I got done. Asked hubby to get me something to eat and then he got grouchy when I didn't want to go in a sit down restaurant. He implied I was faking that it was hurting so much. There is no way to explain the pain and tiredness. He had a back fusion and bounced right back. He has already watched the video. I'm at 35 days post op and my family thinks I should be over it.
 
This is why we all need these forums! Only people who have gone through TKR can really understand. If your hubby needs a second opinion, have him message me :).

I think you are doing super! Sleeping better, reducing meds, positive attitude, what more can he ask for :)

LOVE your glider.
 
Home alone tonight. Hubby is working night shift and son is on a mission trip with his youth group. So what do I do??? Go to bed early. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom