Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ow ow ow ow!! Pt wore me out today! Elevated and icing now. Took next round of pain meds! Think I'll take a nap. *sigh*
 
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

This wAs last night. Not too bad! The 6am times was because my husband couldn't find his wallet before work and I tried to help.

That is so cool.

PT is a necessary evil. You can expect to feel discomfort after but you should not feel any pain during.
 
Was no pain during. I have a 30 minute ride home. By the time u got home I felt frozen in place. *sigh* felt good to be working out.
 
I feel the same way after physio. Frozen in place is a good description of it. Stay loose!
 
Question: as you get closer to 120 degrees does the progress slow down? I have been making 5-8 degrees progress. Today it was 2 degrees. I know it is different everyday. Just wondering what to expect. :)
 
I am not sure about that question @msmechanic58 but I sure you will get some experienced answers...that is the beauty of the forum
 
I'm also sure I'll be reminded not to worry about it yet. I'm not worried about getting where I need to be. I just don't want to push trying to achieve something I'm not ready for.
 
Was no pain during. I have a 30 minute ride home. By the time u got home I felt frozen in place. *sigh* felt good to be working out.
Oh, I could see where that would happen. If you're not driving, maybe you could ice on the way home.:scratch:
 
I don't think I can drive home yet. Too tired. Lol

I got to so the leg press today! Loved it. I've missed that!
 
I am at 120, figure I will have 125 by April, my one year anniversary. I am in no rush.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
I was at 105 on Tuesday - 6 weeks out at that time. It had improved from 94 the week before so it is progress.
 
Question: as you get closer to 120 degrees does the progress slow down? I have been making 5-8 degrees progress. Today it was 2 degrees.
We have plateaus in recovery---you will be progressing, and for some unknown reason, things will either stay the same or progress at a slower rate.

Take it all in stride---you will pick up ROM and progress, just be patient.
 
Feeling like I am back at the beginning today. She worked on my scars and my knees have been on fire all day!!!!
 
@pumpkin. It felt good at the time. Woke all those nerves up or something. Hurts to put ice on it. Have been elevating. I scared my son so much he brought the walker back in to me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom