Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats great ROM @msmechanic58, great work. Its nice to start feeling the improvement isn't it. I have no idea what mine is, its never been measured - so I can only guess. Maybe tomorrow at my physio appt he may measure it, so i can see how I'm going!
 
Just yesterday I discovered I could finally cross my legs at the ankle - I'm three weeks out from my surgery as of tomorrow. And last night I actually slept on my side for a little while! It's the little milestones that make me happy...
yep! I live for my milestones!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I'm struggling with finding my natural gait. I've walked peg legged for so long that it seems unnatural to bend my knees. Thoughts?
 
lol. I know what you mean. Of course I have one new knee and one old one. Sometimes I catch myself thinking about which way I'm gonna walk this time. One leg wants to walk the old way. The other can't decide. :) Since I'm not completely "normal" yet, I figure this will go on for a while. I've been wondering if this was typical or just me.
 
I know exactly what you mean @msmechanic58 - I think I am walking properly but my hubby says I am still stiff on the TKR knee. Wonder what it will be like when I get my other one done in 2 weeks! :)
 
I think it's s good idea to exaggerate the knee bend so you can begin to tone it down to a normal gait. I do that sometimes when I feel too stiff.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Feels a bit dorky to start....lol. My husband has become the Gait Patrol.

[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Today was a good number day but I am wiped out! My goal was 1200.
 
Yup! Before surgery the most I could muster was between 2500-3000. A year ago I was hitting 7,000. This is my third fitbit tracker. :)
 
Good for you @msmechanic58 - going up the stairs this early in the game is wonderful. Your fitbit tracker results are great too. I have the Nike FuelBand but have not used it for a while. I will have to get it out and charge it!
 
I hadn't used my fitbit in months because the low numbers frustrated me. I'm excited to see them climb again.
 
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

This wAs last night. Not too bad! The 6am times was because my husband couldn't find his wallet before work and I tried to help.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom