Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the up and down days of recovery @msmechanic58 . I'm 10 1/2 weeks out and have different pain than in the early days. My scar and kneecaps are way more sensitive than they were 3 weeks ago. I gotta believe it is part of the healing journey. New nerves wake up, new muscles get used, new tendons and ligaments get stretched....I know it is hard to be patient, but your flex is great. Pain will subside. Be gentle with yourself. It will get better!!
 
You are very welcome. Even though we all recover at our own paces - and our knees as they see fit!- it is helpful to know that our pains and struggles are felt by others, both sympathetically and as a matter of fact! I don't worry about my own pains and ROM quite as much when I know others went through the same thing and are now enjoying all the things we can look forward to. Just wait until we are posting about how great we feel! Seems impossible at times...but IT WILL HAPPEN!!!:martini:
 
Very true! Misery is not so awful with company. ;) I just walked across 3 acres of yard to our lake dock to feed the bream and watch hubby drowned a worm. Covered in sweat and breathing hard now! Felt good to be outside though. I'm now piled in ice and elevating.
 
Yep its okay! That was a big achievement when I could do it. Now at 9 weeks I can cross my legs at the knees to put on shoes!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me
right leg looking happy at 4 weeks.

[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me
left leg still has a couple pink spots so I put new strips on since pt is tomorrow. Probably didn't need it but would rather be safe.
 
Just yesterday I discovered I could finally cross my legs at the ankle - I'm three weeks out from my surgery as of tomorrow. And last night I actually slept on my side for a little while! It's the little milestones that make me happy...
 
Woot! Got to 108 today and worked on my gait. She switched me to a cane. Going to need some practice with that. Ha!
 
Woot! Got to 108 today and worked on my gait. She switched me to a cane. Going to need some practice with that. Ha!
Yeah! I like the cane much more than the crutches. Crutches really hurt my underarm and the walker is hard to get around doors and tight corners! Congratulations that you're now on a cane. Just wait in may be two to three more weeks and you might be walking without any assistive device at all. Our knees and legs do get stronger each day even when we sometimes feel like we have plateaued.
 
Woot! Got to 108 today and worked on my gait. She switched me to a cane. Going to need some practice with that. Ha!

Well done! One thing nice about a cane is that it is much easier to wield as a weapon and beat somebody over the head than it is to do the same with a walker!
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me
 
Saw the dr this afternoon and he was impressed by progress. He asked me to lift my leg off the table. I said how high? Lol. Then did the other one too. :) he told me I could drive as soon as I felt comfortable. So glad!

I also am going to be a guinea pig for him with a tens machine to stimulate the quads. He wants to use it with the university football players and I will get to try it out to see if it will do what he wants for them.
 
I guess I'm lucky - I'd been using a cane for a long time prior to the surgery so I'm quite used to it!
 
108 ROM - congratulations! I have to say I am a bit jealous. I am 6 weeks today and not yet at 95.
Good luck with your cane. You are making terrific strides (pun intended)

Well done! One thing nice about a cane is that it is much easier to wield as a weapon and beat somebody over the head than it is to do the same with a walker!
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

You are such a joy to have on the forum @Phil75070 - I love your sense of humour and can always count on you for a funny comment!
 
@71Beetle - I worked for that number today. Had to shower after pt I was so sweaty. Easiest for me to stretch it further is to pull back the foot as far as possible. Then slide your hips forward on the chair to stretch it more. Try to hold for 10 seconds. I never went to the point of pain but did get it uncomfortable where I had to breathe hard to balance the discomfort.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom