TKR Marie’s TKR Journey

Hoping someone can tell me if this is normal. This is day three of the backside of my knee hurting. I thought it was from bruising but I also have a bakers cyst back there. I can’t even sit in my recliner with nothing under my legs without pain. I’m icing that part of my knee too. I had trouble falling asleep last night...leg was achy including backside of my knee. Ended up taking a couple Dilaudid so I could sleep.

Yes I mentioned this to my surgeon, he says it’s all part of the healing.

Is it? I don’t want to get on a Dilaudid habit.
 
Sorry you have the “extras”.
Piriformis and Bakers Cyst. Geez.
 
@beachy I tell my husband this is “stupid idiot”. I could do with less of it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@InkedMarie you are following my pathway. Pt found a muscle knot beside the bakers cyst and massaged that..oww..I also had to go back on Tylenol 3 (my painkiller of choice) every 4 hours and cut back on exercises. That was a week ago, it has improved tremendously and I am weaning off the T3 on to straight Tylenol. I actually slept in bed for over 7 hours last night. Sorry you are going through this too
 
Hi @InkedMarie ... your surgery is only 3 days before mine. You mentioned it difficult to sit in the recliner with nothing under your legs without pain. I’ve been finding the same thing. The back of my calf and heel hurts if anything touches it. It makes it hard to lay down and relax, even the slightest. I found one soft blanket that works ok but it’s odd to me that my heel hurts.

Also, are you not taking pain medication except Diluadad on occasion? If so, I must be a wimp .. I need my pain meds right now.

You appear to be doing great, even with your other issues.
 
@DLR I start outpatient PT on Monday, will see what he says.

@Joy77 For some reason, I did not have pain. I took Dilaudid every 4-5 hours from surgery day, Monday, til that Thursday morning. I don’t know why I had no pain. Aches, discomfort, yes but that’s what Tylenol is for. If I need Dilaudid to go to sleep, I’ll do it. You’re not a wimp Joy, if you’re in pain, you need your meds!

You’re right, I am doing great otherwise and compared to others, I should probably not talk about this piddly little things. I’m having it easy.
 
@InkedMarie yes you should talk about what you call "piddly little things" because they aren't for you. You do have other issues going on that I don't. I love hearing about people's successes and when they are doing well. It shows me things can and will get better. :egypdance:
 
I like hearing about the "piddly little things" too. Its good to hear the good things about recovery, and the ways people cope, as well as the harder things. It all adds up to the story. And as Joy said, some times we think our issues aren't a big and bad as others, but they do matter to us and sharing concerns helps relieve them!
 
I like hearing about the "piddly little things" too. Its good to hear the good things about recovery, and the ways people cope, as well as the harder things. It all adds up to the story. And as Joy said, some times we think our issues aren't a big and bad as others, but they do matter to us and sharing concerns helps relieve them!

DITTO! Piddly little things can make all the difference!
 
It’s the piddly stuff that matters....get through that and you can handle the big stuff. Having said that, I am sorry you’re dealing with this! I guess all sorts of weird stuff crops up in the normal healing and recovery process.
 
I started this morning getting sharp little jolts of pain.....nerves awakening?
 
Oh yes. That's what we call zingers. I still get minor ones on my lateral side where the numbness is. They are harmless but can sure make you scream out when they hit!
 
Whoa I just did something I don’t want to repeat. Went to bathroom, forgot to kick operative legbout before sitting. OUCH!
 
Back
Top Bottom