TKR Marie’s TKR Journey

It’s so nice your surgeon just eyeballed your flex. Mine always pushed my knee to a painful painful place to measure. I dreaded my checkups.
 
If your extension is 0, your knee is already flat! I don't know why your OS would tell you that. To have a flat knee at 2 weeks out is outstanding. Many of us found getting that extension to come in was much worse and took longer than the flex. Good going!

oops, I just changed it, it’s 85/5!
 
Well, 5 is so close to 0 you could barely tell the difference! No sweat, you are doing fantastic! Your baby is coming right along!
 
Thanks @sistersinhim . If the piriformis in my right butt cheek would go away, I’d be really good! We went to Panera Bread for lunch after, our son met us there and stopped by the apple orchards farm stand for fresh apples. Good day!
 
I didn’t say I made it yet. :rotfl: I didn’t. Pie is my least favorite dessert to make. I don’t understand the saying “easy as pie.”
 
Ha I want apple pie now too lol. Steve made an apple coffee cake, good enough?
 
@sistersinhim i have that link saved but not comfortable moving my knee that way yet (it’s my new knee). I do THS rest: walking, resting, icing, Advil. Hopefully the stretching can be done. I had it after my last hip replacement and it went away for a few weeks, til the TKR
 
@InkedMarie my PT had me put 2pillows between my legs and with slightly bent knees roll onto my left side, then leaving the knees to the side roll my shoulders back flat, it gives a smaller piriformis stretch. I also used ice on the piriformis and TENS. Hope it eases up soon..not fun
 
Thanks @DLR . That may be better with the knees. Will try that tomorrow. Been a long day for me, almost joined the ODIC but they didn’t let me join lol. Tired and hitting the hay soon.
 
i have that link saved but not comfortable moving my knee that way yet (it’s my new knee). I do THS rest: walking, resting, icing, Advil.
You know your knee better than anyone else. I'm glad you're doing the best things for it and for you! Have you tried Tylenol? It's a better pain reliever. Advil is an anti-inflammatory and not a pain reliever.
 
@sistersinhim I take Tylenol extra strength morning, afternoon & the PM at bedtime. Right now I’m taking
Advil mid morning 4 hrs after Tylenol) and at dinner. Surgeon said I can try Aleve as that has worked better for me in the past.
 
Just be careful with your tummy with Advil. I'm glad you found a routine that works for you.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom